PDA

View Full Version : assumes you all know by now

sekrogue1985
01-22-2008, 08:23 PM
Heath Ledger found dead at age 28.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22788914/?GT1=10755

Dark Helmet
01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
It's always sad when a young person dies, not to mention a tallented actor...and he was the new JOKER! now we have to hear the tabloid press take the humanity out of a young man's death for the entertainment of soccermoms & idiots. i lost my brother recently, he was a fire chief, rescue diver and an emt....i keep getting poeple coming up to me telling me stories about him, some of wich are not really appropriate to retell (he was quite the hellraiser ;)... so i feel bad for any family who has to go through such a public trauma with the media building it up and digging for more dirt to get better ratings....

DarthFender
01-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Amen.

The poor guy's gone. We should remember his moments from film that touched us, but leave the poor guy's memory alone. The media should just F off and not bother his family. But that won't happen.

We should all say a prayer/petition/moment of silence whatever is your preference, to honour his memory and to hope/wish/pray for consolation for his family.

tragic.

Barmic Rin
01-23-2008, 01:34 PM
I switched the news on this morning & heard.

It's a great tragedy as he was such a great actor, but within 10mins one of the journalists was saying that he'd seen him at showbiz bashes & can be great to be around, or a total fruitloop that had a drug problem....
I don't know where this guy had got his info, but that's just terrible coming out with something like that so soon!

I have a friend that works for a costuming company & her dept. was prepping to work on his next movie. She was very sad to hear the news as she'd heard from others that had worked there longer that he was a delight to work with.

Great shame.

LAN-ED-TUL
01-23-2008, 02:28 PM
heard it on the radio on way in to work yesterday afternoon. sad, very sad. i really liked him in a knights tale.

Angelus Lupus
01-23-2008, 06:37 PM
I already posted about this on another forum, but I'll add my thoughts here:
I was shocked when I heard about this, especialy when I realised he was the same age as me. I've enjoyed his films a lot, ever since I first saw him in '10 Things I Hate About You' (had a crush on him too). 'A Knight's Tale' is one of my all time favourite films but I still need to see 'Brokeback Mountain'.

He will be missed.

Robb Mecaral
01-24-2008, 10:14 AM
I just hated how people stood outside of his place just to take pictures of his body. I mean don't they have respect for someone who just died, the only reason they would there was to make a quick buck, just like with Anna Nicole. It just makes me sick.

I only seen "A Knight's Tale", "The Order", and "10 Things I Hate About You", but I could watch those over and over again and I won't get sick of them. It's sad to see him go and I know I will miss him.

Jay-gon Jinn
01-24-2008, 11:28 AM
"A Knight's Tale" is one my all-time favorite movies, and it's sad to hear that he died. I think the way the media has handled his death is tragic as well. I won't believe anything I hear about him unless it comes from one of his family members. Those so called entertainment experts that said they had met him once and thought they knew him well enough to spout off a bunch of trash about him make me sick....

strengthofrage
01-24-2008, 11:36 AM
Sad indeed.

'The Patriot' was my favorite I think, I haven't seen a Knights Tale though it sounds like I would enjoy it.

Sethski
01-24-2008, 01:26 PM
Aw - a real shame and loss.

Also hope the media vultures give his family some peace.

I thought A Knight's Tale and Brokeback Mountain were both great.

Robb Mecaral
01-24-2008, 05:22 PM
Aw - a real shame and loss.

Also hope the media vultures give his family some peace.

I thought A Knight's Tale and Brokeback Mountain were both great.

You mean like they did for the Spears, Anna Nicole, and every other famous people. They're not going to drop this unless something else (they think) important happens. I just hope they don't tell to his kid about this.

Angelus Lupus
01-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Considering different news sources are reporting different 'facts' (I won't dignify them by putting them here) I doubt this will go away; it's a shame. They should report his death, of course, but any speculation of the circumstances shouldn't be turned into lurid headlines. Praise the guy's work, but leave the authorities to determine the cause of death.
Modern journalism (with few exceptions) sickens me.

DarthFender
01-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Modern journalism (with few exceptions) sickens me.

I completely understand.

Darth Zecks
01-25-2008, 12:59 AM
It is a shame when anyone that young dies, especially someone that talented. I just turned 28 on the 21st. The media will run him into the ground until the next big thing and that is just sad. I read that some church is going to be at his funeral protesting because he played a homo***ual in Brokeback. GIVE ME A BREAK! I for one have never seen what the big deal is about actors, actresses etc. They are just normal people doing their jobs. The only time I want to hear about them is when it has something to do with their work. I could care less about their personal lives. My thoughts go out to his family and true friends. May he rest in peace.