PDA

View Full Version : Conversion Kit $$$??

Nightwing
02-08-2006, 01:51 PM
How much will the MR conversion kits be?
I need to know so I know how much $$$ I have to spend on an MR saber hilt.

Juice214
02-08-2006, 02:11 PM
Good question.
I am going to need three of the kits myself.

vattoland
02-08-2006, 08:03 PM
I am also looking forward to the kits release. I have two sabers, have not decided on LED or EL yet. My 5 year old son is my dueling partner so I am afraid to use LED. He is lyable to blind him self or his older sister. Maybe I can work on a kill switch inside that will activate when the blade is removed. I think I can make it work? From what I understand the kits will be available in the near future.

Devilstar2k2
02-08-2006, 09:45 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vattoland

I am also looking forward to the kits release. I have two sabers, have not decided on LED or EL yet. My 5 year old son is my dueling partner so I am afraid to use LED. He is lyable to blind him self or his older sister. Maybe I can work on a kill switch inside that will activate when the blade is removed. I think I can make it work? From what I understand the kits will be available in the near future.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Couldn't you just use a regular button head screw for his saber.

vattoland
02-08-2006, 10:05 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Devilstar2k2

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vattoland

Couldn't you just use a regular button head screw for his saber.

I don't know what you mean? From what I understand, LED hilts can be harmful to eyes when they are turned on with out a blade. I have heard other people on this forum express the same concern regarding children and LED sabers. I have yet to hear of anyone installing something at the insert point of the blade that would terminate the connection to the LED. Some people may not like this because they like the idea of having a high-powered flashlight that looks like a saber

scaarmor
02-08-2006, 10:09 PM
I believe it was implying the use of a regular style screw to hold your blade in so that it could not easily be removed by a child. Kid cant unscrew and kid cant go blind...

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Devilstar2k2
02-08-2006, 11:51 PM
Yup, thats what I meant...

Also, I've made one for my son from a MRFX blade, and I'm going to be painting the tip so that light can't escape from it (in case he tries to look down the end).

EDIT-

Tim,

I wanted to ask, what all will be included in the kits? Will it be the blade holder, lens holder, lens, and LED? Or is that stuff to be bought seperately?

Given any thought to pre-orders, by chance? I'll be needing an Ani, and a Vader, as well as 2 of your complete blades. It'd be awesome if I could just pay for it and get it off of my mind.

Yes, I'm obsessed with them... [;)]

Strydur
02-09-2006, 01:54 PM
I dont like to do pre-orders. While I am trying to get them done as fast as I can, I dont want the added pressure of allready having your money[:D] The kits will be the blade mount/led holder and any thumbscrews, regular screws, etc.. to mount it. The led and lens would be seperate. The kits will be around $30.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

Nightwing
02-09-2006, 02:29 PM
Why not have it include literally everything you'd need to convert the MR to LED?
Maybe there could be a "complete kit" or something, which would include everything else.

giofx
02-23-2006, 07:48 AM
hello guys, my first post :-) sorry my english

really also to me is unclear what I need ... I mean (without offense) I see screw, tubes, electronic, no led prices... why dont simply put in your site something like:
-total conversion kit for Anakin MR: $$$
-total conversion kit for Vader MR: $$$
?
the kit will includes ALL the pieces and finally no doubts for customers, to me it's unclear also if I must buy the sound module or not, because I can use the MR (or not?) ... HELP!!!!

btw Im thinking to convert an Anakin ROTS, a Vader ESB and a Mace "ROTS", but ... purple "native" (without filter) leds are available?

thanks!
Gio

xwingband
02-23-2006, 08:26 AM
Hey, Giofx. Welcome to CSS.

The reason kits are not up is because he doesn't have the blade holder. The ETA on the Vader kit is within the week though.[:D]

The anakin he's working on but no ETA. The mace he's thinking of but hasn't even started. You will not be able to have an unfiltered purple though. There is no purple LED and we are stuck just as much as MR in having to make a filtered color.

Also, don't worry about your english. Often non-native can write better english than natives...

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

Strydur
02-23-2006, 08:46 AM
I almost feel like I should be paying Xwing for answering posts[:)]

<--got worried he was going to pass me in posts
Fixed that!!! [:D]

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

xwingband
02-23-2006, 09:15 AM
[}:)] Evil... I did notice that I was creeping up there.[:p]

It's all cool.[8D]

scaarmor
02-23-2006, 09:33 AM
*(gasps in shock)*-TIM,SHOWING A MANIACLE SIDE-FOR SHAME! I'm with ya Tim, I like the dark side too. And forget that X-wing (or whatever his name is) guy! Hey, want to help with my plan to get him? All you gotta do is put me in one of your boxes shipped to him-then BAM!!! problem solved-I'll get him for ya![:D][:D][:D]LOL!

Cain

***A man is known by the enemies he carries, so make the best ones you can.***

***Give me a decent foothold and I will move the world.***

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

xwingband
02-23-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm telling you I'm still waiting... I have a few packages coming soon from various places. I'll be looking for you to pop out.[:p]

scaarmor
02-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Oh dont worry. I'm back from war know and still feelin froggy! I even made a couple of new weapons I think need a test run-HEEE HEEE HEEE...

Cain

***A man is known by the enemies he carries, so make the best ones you can.***

***Give me a decent foothold and I will move the world.***

LAN-ED-TUL
03-01-2006, 02:15 AM
i guess the kits never come in today. maybe soon i hope. i need a vader kit for that ebay MR i just got.

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

xwingband
03-01-2006, 06:31 AM
He said Wendesday Lan. Antsy?[:D]

<center>http://www.geocities.com/ghost_soldiers_unit/gs_banner_trans2.gif

Do-Clo
03-01-2006, 09:11 AM
As we are waiting for the arrival for the vader conversion kits, I was thinking of little kids when you are driving, they always ask are we there yet? over and over, I guess we haven't changed much, Are the kits in yet?

Do-Clo
Don't make me destroy you...

Tiberius172
03-01-2006, 09:35 AM
For those waiting to convert their Vader Sabers, I posted a topic in the LED section asking for opinions on Red-Red vs. Red-Orange LED colors. I'd appreciate any feedback. Here's the thread:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=528

Thanks!
Tiberius

supertrogdor
03-01-2006, 11:17 AM
i am waiting for a post by xwing or scaarmor that gives the details on what happend when they have thier final showdown, was scaarmor delivered in a box, who was the quickest draw with thier saber, were they evenly matched or was a swift vanquishing the result of a suprise attack?

xwingband
03-01-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm prepared. I've been waiting for weeks. If he's not in full armored regailia I'll be disappointed.[:p]

supertrogdor
03-01-2006, 12:32 PM
you made 600 posts Xwing, we should bow before your internet savvyness and life in front of the computer on these forums

xwingband
03-01-2006, 12:39 PM
lol, I do post elsewhere.[:p] It keeps me occupied when no one is posting here.[:D] I don't post during classes either. Example: no more posts for 3 hours.

LAN-ED-TUL
03-01-2006, 05:07 PM
look at the post time on that post, its 3-1. they were supposed to be in .

did they come in? the vader kits i mean? im at work so i will get a chance every break to check the siter tonight. hopefully tim has them.

Strydur
03-01-2006, 05:30 PM
I am having computer issues at home but will hopefully have it resolved and have parts listed by around 6pst.

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop

gsterley
03-01-2006, 06:25 PM
BOSS!! led/blade holders! im sure all of you are as happy as i am, cant wait to flood you with orders tim.

xhypnauticx
03-01-2006, 06:40 PM
seriously!! I'm excited too. i got lots of stuff i need. I've been waiting for it for such a long time.

Do-Clo
03-01-2006, 07:12 PM
Tim when technology fails one must resort to the old ways of doing things, it is time to bust out the pencil and paper.

Do-Clo

Protein5000
03-01-2006, 07:14 PM
I don't think he'll have enough paper lol.

Less talk, more action........

LAN-ED-TUL
03-01-2006, 07:16 PM
its 7:16 here and no sign of holders yet.
now 7:57. gotta get back to work. check again later. hope i can get one before they fly out of here.

Protein5000
03-01-2006, 09:40 PM
I got mine [:D]

xwingband
03-01-2006, 09:45 PM
[?] They're not up yet. I did notice the resin heiland top though. SWEET!

LAN-ED-TUL
03-01-2006, 09:48 PM
got mine ordered along with some other stuff i needed for the convert.

Protein5000
03-01-2006, 09:49 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

[?] They're not up yet. I did notice the resin heiland top though. SWEET!

Go to the "Hilt and Blade Kits" Section

gsterley
03-01-2006, 09:52 PM
YES!! im a happy man. got my blade holder, and all the rest of the stuff i was waiting to order, thanks!

xwingband
03-01-2006, 09:52 PM
I feel stupid for not being able to find it... not that I'm buying any.

Do-Clo
03-01-2006, 10:10 PM
I just order my kit for my Vader and some other stuff for other projects. Tim will be busy pulling orders orders and shipping thanks to all of us. Thanks in advance Tim for all your hard work.

Do-Clo

LAN-ED-TUL
03-01-2006, 10:13 PM
yes, a huge thanks to tim. im a happy camper now. if vader was ever in a good mood, this is it.

Protein5000
03-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Thanks Tim!! God bless.

Wolverine
03-01-2006, 10:34 PM
Whooo, Hooo!!! [:D]
Thanks Tim, just ordered 2 myself !!![8D]

http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/thumbup.gif http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/thumbup.gif http://members.aol.com/JEDISITHLORD/images/thumbup.gif

james3
03-01-2006, 10:36 PM
Yeah!! With the Vader kit I can now repair the damage all my little hoodlums did at my son's party and then have a proper rematch.

Thanks Tim, I am thrilled to be getting started on these projects.

xwingband
03-01-2006, 10:40 PM
WHOA!!! SABER NERD RUSH! LOL

Devilstar2k2
03-01-2006, 10:49 PM
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

Hehe... [;)]

Protein5000
03-01-2006, 10:50 PM

HAHAHA! I get called a nerd all the time for doing this lol. But once you show em a hilt or blade, they quickly shut up!

james3
03-01-2006, 10:58 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by xwingband

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey that might not be bad for a T-shirt or hat![:)]

LAN-ED-TUL
03-02-2006, 02:27 AM
[/quote]

HAHAHA! I get called a nerd all the time for doing this lol. But once you show em a hilt or blade, they quickly shut up!

[/quote]

yeah i know that feeling too. the guys are amazed at my stuff when i show them

supertrogdor
03-02-2006, 11:34 AM
If i could count the number of times i have been called a geek in the last month or so as i have told people i am building a Saber...
then i would probably be a pretty good counter, maybe i should install a counter on my forehead and click it every time i am called a geek. Of course that installement would likely boost my numbers

desertscorpion
03-02-2006, 12:13 PM
That's funny. I've been called the same things. One of the worst guys about categorizing me as a geek is my brother-in-law. Just so happens his son had seen my sabers and wanted to use them in a talent show gig he did (he's 7 years old). My brother-in-law had never seen any of the sabers I had. When his son brought them home he was hooked. I heard they were battling with them for quite a while. That really shut up his comments.[^]

supertrogdor
03-02-2006, 12:16 PM
good to hear that people realize how cool it is to build your own saber, instead of just thinking we are geeks

Do-Clo
03-02-2006, 12:50 PM
I have selling a few sabers on ebay and I ship them through UPS, yesterday the girl behind the counter asked what was in these small long boxes that I had been shipping and when I explaned to her it was lightsabers I got the typical blank stare, a what? So I guess now I have been labeled a geek by her way of thinking. It took 47 years for me to find out that I am a geek, talk about being slow. lol

Do-Clo

GFORCE13
03-03-2006, 05:17 AM
Wow so far I have only had positive remarks about the Sabers I have built most people can't believe it when I tell them I built it myself. But then again very few of my friends are mainstream most are Ren. Faire Folks or SW Nerds(Gladly admit to being one too).[:D][:p]

May the Force
Be with You

Marc E.

Derthh_Mawlz
04-14-2006, 02:34 PM
Is there any ETA on the Anakin MR conversion kit?

Strydur
04-14-2006, 02:35 PM
2-3 weeks

Tim
The Custom Saber Shop