PDA

View Full Version : a great deal of sillyness and a bit of pain: covertec vs the D ring

sekrogue1985
01-19-2008, 08:33 PM
so tonight me and my friend are sitting around my apartment playing soul calibur 3, and we start discussing our lightsaber hilts. Things go blah blah blah and this and that. Finally it comes down to this The D-Ring vs the Covertec Clip. NOw I'm sure some of you go though which on is better which one will work with my saber. We begin to argue this point. Some of it went like this:

Me "I like the covertec better it's safer"

Friend "Safer...what you...wait. IT's too damn out of place trying to find a spot on the saber to mount that (&((*^ thingy is a pain not to mention it getting in the way of your hand when dueling."

Me "yeah i know whawt you mean but come on thing about it what would you rather have while running huh."

interupts friend speaks "running how does that have anything with the D-ring and a covertec. Man you messed up."

ME "okay you want to know what running has to do with any of this." Gets up takes my saber he gets his we head out side into the chilly night. NOTE my saber has a covertec clip. His saber features a D ring. "now you clip your saber to your belt and start running full speed hold nothing back"

Friend "okay but still"

to put it simply he starts running. His Hilt begins to sway with his movements till. To put it simply his groin area became very familar with his hilt.

Friend "groaning... I see your point though I still say your crazy."

in then end with laughs had we continue the night.

Though i'm sure some of you knwo this but I felt that i should tell this silly story. I had laughs. THough I've seen covertec produce the same result but not as painfully or as random. Any who enjoy.

DarthFender
01-19-2008, 11:05 PM
That is why I war mine on the side. D-ring or belt clip. BTW I made a clip for my hardware saber from a cellhpone mounting kit. Work pretty good. I don't think it would stand up to a full speed run tho.

Hasid Lafre
01-20-2008, 12:19 AM
LMAO thats the exact reasion why I wont use a dring.

strengthofrage
01-20-2008, 08:36 AM
LOL ...Covertech = safe & D-Ring = sore, Good experiment :)

Darth_DevilGuy
01-20-2008, 12:01 PM
:shock:ouchie

Nightwing
01-22-2008, 12:21 PM
See, now I would think that a D-ring would get in the way when you sit down, since it can only rotate and not just lay any-which way it wants.