PDA

View Full Version : how to wire a MR board

sekrogue1985
01-18-2008, 08:48 AM
hi i have a mace windu EP III MR Board that i want to put into a future saber maybe. first thing i will be using a Luxeon III silver or maybe make it a color changing one wheere i can use the quick connector to make change colors as a please. what i need to know is where is the best place mount the sensor thingy that is on the board and finally what kind of resistor should i use. best size battery pack to use. Hope i can get some help on this.

thanks for any who help WOOTS

Ghostbat
01-18-2008, 10:04 AM
The sensor typically does best off center of the hilt. Center in this case being the point where you hold it, that will usually be the part that moves the least so the sensor will have the hardest time knowing when it is in motion.

I think having the main board a bit in front or behind and the clash sensor as far forward as possible is the traditional way to go.

vortextwist
01-18-2008, 03:18 PM
jay gon hot glued his to the board just behind the connector. The placement on an mr doesn't seem to matter much as long as it is secured well and with an mr board you will not need a resistor but I wouldn't use a pack over 5.5v. I have heard they can take 6v but I wouldn't want to fry my board. I use a 4.8 rechargable tim sells and it works awsome. I have also used a 4AAA pack as well.

EDIT:
oh a mace board is the same as a luke rotj.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=1023

Chowser
01-18-2008, 06:20 PM
hey vortex, you got a pic of a Vader board?
ESB
:)

sekrogue1985
01-18-2008, 06:30 PM
thanks all i got it wired or figured out what goes where no to get enough money to get the parts i need for the hilt and so forth thanks for the help

vortextwist
01-18-2008, 08:18 PM
no I don't but, yellow should be switch, red +, black-, brown =speaker neg.
speaker and batt pack share pos wire.