PDA

View Full Version : Question about CF 2.1

Kyp Durron
01-17-2008, 09:29 PM
I've used the search feature, but still didn't get the answer I'm looking for. I have a saber with a Crystal Focus 2.1 and every so often when swinging the saber, I get a speaker pop in place of the swing sounds. I was just wondering if other CF saber owners have experienced this as well...

Otherwise, the saber performs absolutely flawlessly. It has done this since it was first built, FYI, I was just wondering if other Crystal Focus saber owners have experienced this or if my board just happens to have an unusual bug in it, lol.

Once again, it functions perfectly fine otherwise.

-Kyp

luis rojas
01-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi:
Do this problem ocurr with all the sound fonts configurations or just one? If only happens in one maybe you should download the original sound font from ErV's site and format your card to put the files again. If the problem happens with all the sound fonts maybe something's wrong with the swing sensor or your board. But don't worry ERV is a very nice guy and he will help you, I'm sure.
Bye

Kyp Durron
01-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi:
Do this problem ocurr with all the sound fonts configurations or just one? If only happens in one maybe you should download the original sound font from ErV's site and format your card to put the files again. If the problem happens with all the sound fonts maybe something's wrong with the swing sensor or your board. But don't worry ERV is a very nice guy and he will help you, I'm sure.
Bye

It's with all the fonts, but if I remember right, this was an issue in the earlier CF(V1.2)boards. I think that 2.0 was supposed to fix this for the most part...maybe Erv can chime in here.

-Kyp

vortextwist
01-18-2008, 03:21 PM
I would just email him instead. he will reply awfull quick, he did with me anyhow. lol

xwingband
01-19-2008, 12:49 PM
It's nothing to worry about... I'd bet if you go swing after swing it comes rather predictably. I hear it on Jon's Vader ESB font for one. It's probably just a simple syncing issue in the sound files.

Kyp Durron
01-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Thanks xwing, I thought as much, because it's always done more predictably it when swinging it a lot to get the sounds playing back to back...I was just curious about it.

I still swear that I read somewhere that speaker pop was an issue with CF that Erv worked to fix after V1.2.

-Kyp

Novastar
01-21-2008, 06:10 AM
I've never run across a pop "in place" of a swing on v1.2, or v2.61. I've never used v2.1 nor v2.5 though... does it occur with EVERY sound font, under every circumstance, or option changed?

Pops on most any CF versions are usually due to "mismatched" sounds when one ends and the other begins.

They can be quite severe if the END of sound #1's waveform... is drastically different from the BEGINNING of sound #2's waveform. The "sound 2" I'm speaking of is usually when the main "hum" noise restarts.

However--since clashes and swings are interruptive of other sounds... and can be interrupted themselves... well, sometimes a pop is impossible to avoid.

Although most all of you out there will have NO IDEA... I've spent MANY MANY hours on my CF soundfonts trying to avoid serious pops and clicks under almost any circumstance. Granted, some of the fonts that are online are not "the" most updated ones I use.

Anyhow... one option to play with is the one that either plays the sounds consecutively, randomizes them... or plays them according to "severity" of the swing/hit (on newer versions of CF).

Kyp Durron
01-22-2008, 07:22 AM
It does this with all the fonts. I have Judge's ROTJ font, and your Ep.2 and Ep.4 fonts. The Ep.2&4 fonts are your earlier versions before you had made that post about not realizing that they sounded bad in a V2 or higher saber.

As for the options, I'm assuming that the options on the card are set to default. And the swing sounds are set up to play in order, BTW. As for messing with the SD card, my saber isn't built to be able to access it easily. It would be a pain in the ass to get to, just ask xwingband, lol. :P

Like I said, it doesn't do it constantly or anything like that, just every so often. like maybe one in 20 when playing the swing sounds back to back. So it's not bad, when swinging the saber normally, they hardly ever show up.

-Kyp

Novastar
01-23-2008, 12:20 AM
That IS odd... I'll see about at least calling Erv's attention to this--he may have some insight... and if not--although you say it IS a pain in the butt due to the design... you might want to at least try something like the randomization option for the swings/clashes...

I seem to recall Erv wanting me to test the sequential/random/velocity thing with CF v2.61... but... I've never seen any sort of problem like yours.

Interesting. I guess this is just how it goes with hardware as COOL and smallform as Erv's! I mean... I'm constantly amazed at one person's work here... :)

And here I thought *I* did a lot of jobs in Balance of Power. Hmm... trumped by Erv's CF!!! heheheheh