PDA

View Full Version : EL or LED

Pirate King
02-07-2006, 09:21 PM
I bet this question has been asked before, but which blade is better for dueling? I'm sure niether would handle really heavy baseball-style swings, but, generally speaking, is either one more durable than the other?

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

xwingband
02-07-2006, 09:24 PM
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/sabers/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=65

Both are durable but I guess the edge would go to LEDs since it's lighter in the blade.

<center>http://www.dewbackwing.com/dewbacks/files/pinupbanner.jpg
www.dewbackwing.com</center>

scaarmor
02-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Not to mention Led has no electronics in the blade. Much better for dueling in my mind.

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Mur-Pa DiLos
02-08-2006, 11:46 AM
I can tell you from a practicing Kendoist and Iado pratitioner that the blades on these sabers can handle full power blows. I've split a bokken before (it was kind of cheap though, but I've never been able to do much to these blades![:D]

suit_man
02-08-2006, 03:15 PM
you don't need to worry about the blades breaking on these. i hit a 1/2" ID 1/16" walled piece of the stuff against a wood beam in my house and it took almost a full force blow to break it.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Pirate King
02-08-2006, 07:00 PM
Thanks, guys. I'll probably go with LED for my first saber. okay, another question that's probably been answered before: would it be advisable to saw off or shorten the diffuser and tube in any way? 40" seems a bit long to me.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

scaarmor
02-08-2006, 10:05 PM
You are supposed to cut the PolyC and diffuser to the same length. Whatever length you want.

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

Pirate King
02-09-2006, 05:50 AM
awesome, I'll cut it down to about 32" and use the extra to make something like a lightsaber-tanto