PDA

View Full Version : 2007b vader sound with 5 watt lux

Suman Das
01-17-2008, 02:59 PM
helllo all
im hoping to use my 2007 vader anh board to drive my blue lux 5. is this possible? its the 3 aa battery pack. right now im running my 5 watt with a 9v and resistor but i hate having no sound. also , would it be possible to run the mr board of a 9v. im assuming it would fry but im not too good with the electrical stuff yet lol. any help would be much appreciated here. im done my mhs and all i need is some sound. help!!!! any wiring diagrams would be awesome as well. thanks soooooo much
Suman Das

DarthFender
01-17-2008, 03:16 PM
helllo all
im hoping to use my 2007 vader anh board to drive my blue lux 5. is this possible? its the 3 aa battery pack. right now im running my 5 watt with a 9v and resistor but i hate having no sound. also , would it be possible to run the mr board of a 9v. im assuming it would fry but im not too good with the electrical stuff yet lol. any help would be much appreciated here. im done my mhs and all i need is some sound. help!!!! any wiring diagrams would be awesome as well. thanks soooooo much
Suman Das

Pretty sure it will fry with 9 volts. But you couls run separate powersources for Lux and Soundboard and control them on two separate circuits with one DPDT switch. Or of you ran a 6 AA/AAA battery pack, you could find the post that runs at 4.5 volts instead of the full 9. Then run the full 9 for the lux and resistor/puck/driver it. Just a thought. Either way you will need a DPDT switch to control the two circuits with different voltages.

BTW does the 2007 Vader have more then one Clash sound? My 2005 Vader has just the one.

Lord Maul
01-17-2008, 03:37 PM
9V will fry a MR board. Around 6 is the limit.

Unless you have two circuits, no, you can not drive a 5 watter off a MR board.

The '07 Vader MR has the same sounds as the '05.

Hasid Lafre
01-17-2008, 03:40 PM
lux5 of a resistor, DPDT switch, 5V regulator thats heatsinked, 7.4V battery pack, and a vader sound card wired up the to 5V regulator.

DarthFender
01-17-2008, 04:14 PM
9V will fry a MR board. Around 6 is the limit.

Unless you have two circuits, no, you can not drive a 5 watter off a MR board.

The '07 Vader MR has the same sounds as the '05.

Thanks Maul.

Count Malik
02-11-2008, 06:38 PM
Ok thank you so much for posting this thread because for my next saber I wanted to use a MR sound board with a Lux. V. So I won't be doing that.