PDA

View Full Version : Here are some of my photos.

Robb Mecaral
01-15-2008, 11:05 AM
Well I'm back, and I know some of you have missed me.(more like "whois this guy again") Anyway I happy to be back.

One of my hobbies is photograhpy. I love to take my old Vivitar XC-3 SLR camera and just shoot a roll or two of black and white film. I have been taking photo for about five years now(off and on). I guess my subject matter has been around buildings (old ones mostly), but I have been shooting different subjects like my cats, but I try to stay away from people(they don't like to get their picture taken as much).

I have been think about puttting them on sites that I visit, other than deviantart.com, but I guess I was too scared to before. But lately I have been showing them to my friends and they say that they like my photos. So now I wanted to show my photo to you guys. I hope you enjoy them and please tell me what you think of them.(but don't kill me joy of photography)

http://robb-wayward.deviantart.com/gallery

If there are any questions you have I will try to answer to the best that I can and as soon as I can.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-15-2008, 11:47 AM
lol the kitten sleeping in the sink is priceless

Darth Zecks
01-15-2008, 11:23 PM
If I had to guess, I would say you are a Ansel Adams fan. Those are very nice. I love the " Lost in the fog" ones.

Hasid Lafre
01-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Welcome back robb, I remember when I wanted to be a photoagrapher. Couldent get a decent camera.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
01-16-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey Robb,
You've got some interesting work there. I like the long distance/perspective shots like the tunnels through the trees. I love the texture on the bricks on the church. You caught that one at just the right time of day.

I love B&W photography, but I don't make a point of doing it much. You've inspired me to get some B&W film and dig out my old 35mm.

Robb Mecaral
01-16-2008, 01:01 PM
If I had to guess, I would say you are a Ansel Adams fan. Those are very nice. I love the " Lost in the fog" ones.

Yeah the Lost in the Fog seem to be the ones that everyone love. I also like some of Man Ray's work.

Hey Robb,
You've got some interesting work there. I like the long distance/perspective shots like the tunnels through the trees. I love the texture on the bricks on the church. You caught that one at just the right time of day.

I love B&W photography, but I don't make a point of doing it much. You've inspired me to get some B&W film and dig out my old 35mm.

I like to shoot perstives, but the problem is that someone seems to get in the shoot, I just think that seem to take the focus away from the surroundings.

Too bad that using film is dying out, everyone just loves to use their digital carmeras. I'll have to go digital when they stop making film all together.

Well I'm glad to see that you like my Photos. I'll try to post more when I can.

37H4N
01-16-2008, 01:23 PM
I realy liked the through the fog ones too. Keep posting more! :)

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
01-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Too bad that using film is dying out, everyone just loves to use their digital carmeras. I'll have to go digital when they stop making film all together.

I don't think that film will ever die out completely. There are still die-hard film photographers that insist that the old ways are better. I can't say that I disagree. I love my digital, but every now and then I like to drag out my 50 year old Practika and use it.

I find that with digital, I tend to take the shotgun approach to photography. If I take 100 pictures of a subject, I'm bound to get a couple of good ones. However, if I have a limited supply of film, I'll take my time and compose my picture well before I snap the shutter. I'll still get the same number of good shots, but I'm doing it right in the first place.

I'd love to get my hands on a large format camera. With those, you really have to know what you are doing, and take the time to do things right. The only problem with those is that for some strange reason, the flashguns are outrageously over priced and hard to find.;)

Darth_DevilGuy
01-16-2008, 03:22 PM
you'll never be able to get the picture quality with a digital that you can with film, it's just not possible, thats why art photography will always use film.