PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen Pipster79 lately?

Tekka
01-10-2008, 07:28 PM
I didn't know where to post this but i'm wondering if anyone talked to him lately? I bought a speaker from him back before thanksgiving and it still hasnt arrived yet. He tried sending me another package a week before christmas but it still didnt arrived either. i havent seen him online on MSN or post anything on this forum since christmas...

Lord Maul
01-10-2008, 07:33 PM
He's posted on FX Sabers a few times recently. Other than that, I haven't seen him.

Lord Maul
01-10-2008, 08:40 PM
Sorry for the double post, but as of 7:36 PM Pacific time, Pipster79 is online at FX Sabers.

Tekka
01-14-2008, 05:31 PM
thx alot dude i just talked to him and there was some problems with customs so the package kept getting sent back to canada. the package is coming now so here hoping nothign goes wrong again

thx again for the help man

Angelus Lupus
01-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Ah Customs, the bane of ordering from another country. They'll delay things, slap charges on things and generally make life tough. Boo to them I say!

Hasid Lafre
01-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Well from the rules and laws ive been reading Iam kinda glad for alot of the leinancy here. There a law over in the AU island about turboing a non turbo car is close to illegal.

WTF is up with that.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-14-2008, 08:56 PM
speaking of crazy laws in california if you switch out the engine on a car with one from a different car you have to take all the computer and smog systems even the dashboard dials from the orriginal car (the one you got the engine from) and install them to, otherwise it isn't legal, even if it can pass an emmisions test.

Hasid Lafre
01-14-2008, 09:02 PM
You can only swap motors with a motor of the same yer or newer. and most of the time they want you to swap to the stock computer. aftermarket ECUs like megasquirt are not smog legal allowable.

Ah some motors are not legal tho, Like in japan the civic and crx si's had a motor called the zc. Theres no USDM equivilant of that motor so its not abel to be smog legal. But its about 75% the same thing as the motor in the first gen integras.

Other than that just about any jdm motor has a usdm equal.

food for thought.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-15-2008, 01:30 AM
yeah but here, you have to take everything, computer systems, dashboard dials, anything that connects to the system or it isn't legal, even if it has nothing to do with the output.

for instance, if you want to put a corvette engine into an RX7 (I've seen two in person, and almost bought one) you have to rip the computer, exhaust system (including pipes and mufflers), dashboard, and catyliter converters from the Corvette and fit them all somehow into the RX7. no after-market parts allowed, no custom parts allowed, each and every part of the engine, computer dash and exhaust system from the corvette has to go in the RX7 as it was in the vet for it to be legal.

Tekka
01-16-2008, 06:03 PM
ya i heard about LS1 being put into rx7 but id rather put a 20b into it and keep it a rotary... wish i had enough money for a rx7... stuck with this scion tc for now...one day i'll own a FD...

california law is so strict.... my cold air intake can't even pass the stupid carb test... owell guess i should start saving up for the TRD supercharger which can pass lol...

Darth_DevilGuy
01-16-2008, 06:17 PM
my brother owns an FD, its a great car and with a couple of street legal upgrades it'll keep up with anything short of a Ferrari, it's not a car for driving regularly though, it's engine is fragile and the parts are expensive, my brother's is always having problems, to the point where he bought another car so that he could keep the RX in the garage and just drive it when he feels like it.