PDA

View Full Version : Soul Caliber IV includes vader and yoda

valeon
01-09-2008, 10:20 PM
http://www.starwars.com/gaming/videogames/news/news20080109.html

Taken from the latest star wars delta source, it looks like we get to play as Darth Vader and Yoda in the next soul caliber game, Vader is exclusive to the PS3, and Yoda to the xbox 360.
This looks to be another fun little universe twist via the creators of soul caliber!

valeon
01-09-2008, 10:26 PM
I wanted to post this link too.....the game trailer made me completely FLIP out. I got chills from this.
http://www.soulcalibur.com

This is definitely a match made in heaven. I can't wait to see what there stories are in this!!

sekrogue1985
01-09-2008, 10:52 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh wowzzers

X
01-09-2008, 11:09 PM
valeon I know what you mean by chills. That's going to be awesome.

Darth_DevilGuy
01-09-2008, 11:19 PM
AAAHHH!

GODDAMMIT!

I'd managed to avoid buying into the latest generation of console, I thought those bastards had taken my money for a worthless un-upgradable piece of crap for the last time, and then they go and make another soul caliber game with darth vader or yoda for gods sake.

no...NOOOO!... those heartless bastards... :cry:

37H4N
01-10-2008, 12:20 AM
WOOT! I've been waiting for a soul caliber four! This is gonna be awesome. Though it was a little weird seeing mitsurugi's katana clash with vader's lightsaber. It's also a little odd to have vader and yoda in a feudal japan, ancient china kinda game/setting. Of course star wars was a long long time ago. :lol:

valeon
01-10-2008, 01:04 AM
The whole idea of soul caliber is to draw in people from all times, and worlds. Link was in the last one, and they made his story with the game sound great. This is basically a free for all time/space muff up.

Ashron
01-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Vader in Soul Caliber!? Now I am gonna need to get a 360, maybe they will surprise us and put Mace Mace Windu in a Wii version. :)

DarthFender
01-10-2008, 08:29 AM
That preview was Bad@ss. I might need to get a 360.

Darth Tollo
01-10-2008, 12:58 PM
Between this and Force Unleashed, I’m sold. Microsoft, I’ll give you a kidney for a 360.

vortextwist
01-10-2008, 02:35 PM
I was never into the SC lineup but I WILL have to get this game!

sekrogue1985
01-10-2008, 02:42 PM
being a soul calibur veteran since the soul blade to dreamcast game i have to say it will be intereesting. though i approve of these addition i feel that i will come up against people who play this game just for vader and yoda. it'll get annoying then again whatever as long as it sell the game right. though i own a wii and a 360 do i really want to shell out for the ps3 just so i can play vader lol well see once these games hit the shelves. took down a whole frat house that played soul calibur 3 once hahahaha with Mitsurugi then again they were idiots and just kept button mashing and didn't know what they were doing lol hmmmm. yup this will be an interesting summer

Darth_DevilGuy
01-10-2008, 03:21 PM
I once used the little chick with the elbow blades (can't remember the name for the life of me) to take down seven people in a row, the funny thing was the first 5 of them were flawless victories and the other two got like a hit or two in. I got board after that.

DarthFender
01-10-2008, 10:28 PM
Between this and Force Unleashed, I’m sold. Microsoft, I’ll give you a kidney for a 360.

I think they're a little easier to get than that. But, what do I know. I have a Wii.

Ashron
01-11-2008, 06:38 AM
But, what do I know. I have a Wii.

Same here. I love my Wii, however it would be nice to get a 360. Looks like I will just have to sell Tollo's kidney and get one. :twisted:

Darth Tollo
01-11-2008, 11:45 AM
Same here. I love my Wii, however it would be nice to get a 360. Looks like I will just have to sell Tollo's kidney and get one. :twisted:

Your gonna get kicked off the grey side for comments like that. You should be more like, “I’m going to have to trust my gut on this one. And my gut feeling says maybe.”

Darth_DevilGuy
01-11-2008, 01:14 PM
If I don't make it out of this, tell my wife "hello"

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
01-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Wow, that's pretty cool!

I don't have the money in my budget for a 360, but maybe I can steal... I mean borrow... my niece's and rent this game for a weekend.

987654321a
01-11-2008, 06:10 PM
YAY! I have a 360! I am definately going to purchase this. I honestly wanted vader though. Sucks he's gonna be only on the ps3

Darth Zecks
01-11-2008, 10:29 PM
I love SC. I just hope they have a nice hidden character for the Wii since that is what I got. Mace would be sweet. I'll match you Tallo and raise you a lung, and perhaps a testi depending on how good the game is.

Nightwing
01-13-2008, 07:27 PM
The one thing that sucks is that the 360 doesn't have Vader and the PS3 version doesn't have Yoda. So you just have to choose one or the other. I really wonder why they do that; it made sense with Soul Calibur III where they had Link only in the GameCube version (he can't be on a non-Nintendo platform), but this is kinda silly. I've already got a 360, but it's not worth getting a whole new game system just to get one extra character; I'm rather upset that they're doing it this way.

Stinky Bantha
01-13-2008, 08:19 PM
I'd rather have both, too, but I can see why they're doing it. It gives each version a sort of exclusivity. Just like the 360 owners can "brag" about having Halo on their console, each version will have something that sets it apart so that everyone can join in on the petty pissing matches.

Darth Tollo
01-14-2008, 07:02 AM
I love SC. I just hope they have a nice hidden character for the Wii since that is what I got. Mace would be sweet. I'll match you Tallo and raise you a lung, and perhaps a testi depending on how good the game is.

Does the lung have to be in full working order? I know where I can score one not being used (since Ashron thinks he can use my parts, I claim his rasin lung:mrgreen:) but young Anakin needs a sibling and my wife would kill me if I matched your other offer.

valeon
01-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Just an update, lots of screenshots here.
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3165334
This just looks GREAT.

drakeion2
01-27-2008, 08:23 AM
The one thing that sucks is that the 360 doesn't have Vader and the PS3 version doesn't have Yoda. So you just have to choose one or the other. I really wonder why they do that; it made sense with Soul Calibur III where they had Link only in the GameCube version (he can't be on a non-Nintendo platform), but this is kinda silly. I've already got a 360, but it's not worth getting a whole new game system just to get one extra character; I'm rather upset that they're doing it this way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i supose its gona bee a complamentary suport withs somme 1200 point microsoft to get vader