PDA

View Full Version : Costume color

strengthofrage
01-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Hello,

I wanted to get some opinions on the jedi costume colors. I was thinking that if I went with the lighter baige tunic and tabards I could do black pants and boots. This way the boots and pants could also be worn (boots are one of the more expensive pieces I see) with a sith costume if I ever chose to make one. Do you think black boots could be worn in a jedi costume?

Darth_DevilGuy
01-09-2008, 11:21 AM
I'd say buy black boots, but brown pants if you can manage, if you go with a beige tunic you'll want to minimize clashing, then again anikin wore dark brown and black leather as a Jedi.

Marsupial
01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Anakin's tabbards were not black, but a very dark brown.

It has been stated that the Jedi clothes are always a shade of brown.

chase
01-09-2008, 02:02 PM
It's always been stated, yes, but look at Luke Skywalker. He wore all black most of the time. Unless you are in a Jedi group who enforces color codes, go with the black boots. I did a costume that had brown pants and black boots with a black belt and I thought it looked awesome. Just add some black accents to the costume and you will be good to go.

37H4N
01-09-2008, 04:48 PM
I agree with chase. Go with the black boots. Black pants could work (Thats what I did for my costume at C4 http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff198/37H4N/IMG_1342.jpg), but if not, maybe dark brown.

strengthofrage
01-09-2008, 06:36 PM
That is exactly what I was picturing 37H4N! :) Thanks for posting that, I think the black boots will work out good as I think after I do a jedi costume a sith version wouldn't be too far behind.

Darth Zecks
01-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Go for it, but if you had black boots I think brown pants are a must.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
01-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Some day I'd love to do a Jedi costume in shades of dark green with fine chain mail and silver accents. Imagine if the Elves from LOTR joined the Jedi Order and you would be close to what I have in mind.

Of course, I'd have to make a saber to fit with the theme.

37H4N
01-12-2008, 01:01 AM
No problem strength, your welcome! :)

Obi-Dar: Thats a cool idea. I like jedi costumes with various types of armor intergrated into it. One costume idea I stuck with for a while, had leather bracers.

I should start designing a costume again.

Jedi Ranger
01-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Here is a (mostly) up-to-date image of my "traditional"-colours Jedi outfit. Since this pic was taken, I added trim more green trim to the inside edges of the tabbards, as seen on the outside edges. My bracers were purchased online and have stainless steel plates on them. I hand-made my greaves, and they too use (thick) stainless steel plates. I ended up making them myself, as I could not find anything I liked online, and to get them custom-made would have been too $$$.

My non-traditional has a base of black pants and shirt, with blue tabbards and matching blue obi belt; no actual tunic. I wore the blue one at C4, as my newest traditional-coloured version wasn't even close to being finished back then.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Shadow/Events_Halloween_2007/IMG_0431_cFULL_PS_blade2_small.jpg

Angelus Lupus
01-12-2008, 10:51 AM
Some day I'd love to do a Jedi costume in shades of dark green with fine chain mail and silver accents. Imagine if the Elves from LOTR joined the Jedi Order and you would be close to what I have in mind.

Now that sounds cool! I say go for it, I'd do it if I had the skill and patience.

Darth Tsukikage
01-12-2008, 01:48 PM

Great idea Obi-Dar, it reminds me of the jedi armor from KOTOR. what about chainmaille tabbards?
If anyone is interested in doing some chainmaille I recommend checking out www.cgmaille.com

Mor-El Kesav
01-12-2008, 05:26 PM
I use Cordovan colored boots myself. They go well with the dark brown robes and match my belt. I did a special dye job on the boots and added some buckskin to the boots to create some golden undertones to match my belt. The entire effect is nice.

strengthofrage
01-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Jedi Ranger, your costume is greaT! I love the bracers & boots, they go great with the outfit, especially the trim.

Luke-SkyMarcher
01-13-2008, 04:02 PM
Obi-dar, I like your idea. If you want really fine stuff, look at this:Chain Mail Sheet (http://theringlord.com/cart/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=95&cat=Sheets+of+Maille) I don't know if it's the same stuff, but I know they used the mail used in butcher's gloves for Frodo's mithril coat. I also like the idea of using green; reminded me of Corran Horn in I, Jedi. Personally I'd like to see what a jedi costume would look like with red. (you can get a bit of an idea by looking at my sig, where I'm using parts from my Dunedain Ranger costume)

-Luke