PDA

View Full Version : MHS inserted into Mace Windu Force FX

sekrogue1985
01-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Sure some of you know this by now...

I was messing around with my dismantled Mace Windu FX, I look at my MHS hilt and wonder would this fit into it. Being the curious monkey I am I decide to put the MHS hilt into it and sure enough it worked. Woots I was like wow this will help him out or at least it should help him out. But yes MHS does fit in this hilt though i'm not sure why and if it'll work on all the parts. It works on my Dounble threaded middle section. :)

valeon
01-07-2008, 08:18 PM
How clever. This could lead to some neat looking MHS sabers.

37H4N
01-07-2008, 09:07 PM
How clever. This could lead to some neat looking MHS sabers.

You bet it would!
Thats cool. I want to see somebody do something with this. I would, but alas, I have no Mace FX. :(

sekrogue1985
01-07-2008, 09:47 PM
i'm working on it as we speak well getting the concept down and what not though. also i got the buttom part off woots so now it won't look so much like mace windu's saber. Best part cause of the rubber grips are insice too they hold the MHS part in quite firm and what not. over all i'm very interested to see what i come up with any idea post pics.

valeon
01-07-2008, 11:12 PM
That actually looks REALLY good. I'm loving where this is leading.

sekrogue1985
01-07-2008, 11:58 PM
yeah actually that is just my normal MHS that is my personal weapon shoved in there i'm working of a design that should work with it but yeah it's nice. I think i may have a couple more Mace FX hilts lying around that were my friends that are kinda not in the best of shape. Though i could convert them into Ultrasabers. If i find them pending on the number I may sell on Ebay so look for them.

If anyone has any ideas on what would look good please post cause i'm open to suggestions.

chaos
01-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Thats cool, I've got a empty Mace hilt just laying around. I've been wanting to use the grip section for a saber and now I know it fits over the MHS I will use it at some point.

37H4N
01-09-2008, 12:33 AM
yeah actually that is just my normal MHS that is my personal weapon shoved in there i'm working of a design that should work with it but yeah it's nice. I think i may have a couple more Mace FX hilts lying around that were my friends that are kinda not in the best of shape. Though i could convert them into Ultrasabers. If i find them pending on the number I may sell on Ebay so look for them.

If anyone has any ideas on what would look good please post cause i'm open to suggestions.

Hmm, depending on price I may buy one of those hilts.

If I come up with any ideas I'll be sure to post 'em. ;)

chase
01-09-2008, 06:33 AM
That is REALLY cool. I've always wanted Mace looking grips on my saber, but could never find anything that came close. Now I know what will. All I have to do is find someone who has a Mace who wants to sell it!

sekrogue1985
01-09-2008, 08:51 AM
okay here is a tip for taking apart the hilt. if you just what the grip section and are not gonna use the other piece, then what you will need to do is to put that end "emitter end" into the clamp and twist the grip end off. to remove the back end of the mace hilt the pummel end suggest you put the pummen in the clamp and just bend till it comes off cause there is this little screw that i had no idea was there. next revome the battery pack and the plastic duhicky that is inside the grip and you'll get what i have. to revome the electrics youll need to revome the rubber gripping on the upper part of the grip and you'll see a screw. basically i now have a usable MR board and what not. so yeah just a tip. i'll try to post some pics of what i just did but i'll need to retrace me steps.

in the end i believe this is gonna be a slap together saber cause i'm not looking at anything big. lol kinda like real saber building. just using what i have around for my hilt. kinda like what horn's did with the swoop

chase
01-09-2008, 10:34 AM
How snug is the grip section on the MHS part? Does it wiggle or slide at all. Second question, how hard is it to take off. I like the looks of the half Mace-half whatever and I don't want to put any screws into the grip section if I don't have to. I'll buy one of those spare hilts if you want to sell it to me. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Dark Helmet
01-14-2008, 11:07 PM
i keep hearing that the mace is bulky and awkward, this could solve that issue AND generate some great hilts. now i'll be scouring ebay for weeks...i'd like to build a mace lower/obi wan upper

sekrogue1985
01-15-2008, 08:00 AM
first to answer the grip is quite snug when the black grip pieces are mounted inside the hilt. But it is advise to use some kind of screws just in case. As for me and my hilt i'm working on the MHS piece is so jammed in there that well unless a clamp is involved well yeah but this all depends on the hilt of course. if you don't want to use screws then i suggest mounting it inside with some gorrila glue. yes the mace hilt is bulky but if you mount a 1/5 sink tube over the MHS part then some are most though not enough of the bulky feel is gone. i'm still working out that issue of this and what not. since my camera is on its bitchy streak and i can't unload pics i will post them on the weekned . pieces wise i have at least 3 that i've found and i've took the liberty of cutting them completely and have the hilts in separate pieces. since school has started that and i feel that i should work out all the issues before i sell them to people and post the info here. so yeah please be patient on the hilts and ebay. i will get them up hell i'll sell what i'm building for a hilt and if i'm lucky i';ll add the soundboard but i have a few sabers that are in need of them so yeah. well pics will be up in a bit

sekrogue1985
01-15-2008, 08:01 AM
dark helmet yeah strangely that is what i've been trying to accomplish a mace obi fusion but it looks weird so i'm working out the kinks.