PDA

View Full Version : Obi saber conversion

Ani
01-05-2008, 09:49 PM
i found most of the information on the conversion of FX obi saber to be quite helpful.
i also found that when they said push out and it tough, wow, they werent foolin. Here is how i ended up doing them...i had to do 4, three as gifts and one for myself. after pounding two of them for hours.....

after removing the battery, i took a dremel sander to top edge of the inside of the hilt to break away the coating on inside. then with a flat head screwdriver i loosened it from the hilt. then took a pare of needlenose and prided it out. then everything basically slid out much easier. its still snug when everything placed back in so not to worry about loosining it up too much.

Hope this helps the headache of the next person that trys to just push it out. my hands are still recouping from the pounding.

Lord Maul
01-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Wrong forum...

Oh, and
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n187/aluke_2006/Smilies/icon_needpics.gif

xwingband
01-06-2008, 05:29 PM
Use more POWWA... even my fat asthmatic butt got it out in about five minutes. You can break the sleeve easily too.

felix142
01-07-2008, 03:03 PM
After Xwing advised that breaking the sleeve that surrounds the battery pack made no difference in the conversion, the guts and the blade just about fell out.

B.

barjedi
04-02-2008, 05:15 PM
ha, i just jammed a fork inbetween the black plastic thing and the hilt wall, wiggled it around a bit and the thing just came out.

jpbeck
04-02-2008, 07:01 PM
Ahhhh the fork-- a great multi tool. :)

Dark Helmet
04-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Fork.