PDA

View Full Version : A disign for a new MHS saber

Count Malik
01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Greetings, a just need some opinions and disigns on my new mhs saber. Thanks so much!

Jedi-Loreen
01-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Um, what are you asking for? Do you want someone to design a saber for you? That's something you should be doing for yourself.

Come up with a concept, what parts you're thinking of using, etc., then we can give you some opinions.

When I opened this thread, that's what I thought you wanted opinions on, what you'd already come up with.

Count Malik
01-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Im thinking of using mhs parts but I have to wait for some parts to come back in stock. Don't know if I should use a lux. V or a lux. III? I think I have my disign for the hilt. This is my firs idea, blade holder #6, double threaded hilt #1, pommel #4, and mabe a mabe a mhs thin neck "chock point". It will also have a rechargable battery in it. Please tell me what you guys think of this disign. Thanks for the help!

Malaki Skywalker
01-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Here you go,

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg305/MalakiSkywalker/Saberconcepts.jpg

Its a very good design for a first saber, i personally think the bottom design is better for ,length, balance depending on what length blade you have and for electronics space

With a 5 watt set up, its heavy and space consuming, you have to fit an 8 AA battery holder in there however it is bright but on the other hand you could have a 3 watt which has the best of both worlds, its bright, its light and hardly any space is taken up with the 4AAA battery holder :D

Rechargeable wise yet again for a 5 watt you need a high power source so it has the same issue as the basic set up but for the 3 watt its the same as the standard its bright, its light and hardly any space is taken up yet its still not as bright as the 5 watt

Hope this helps! ;)

Tom Starkiller
01-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Malaki, you beat me to the sketch, looking at that think neck, I'm reconsidering which desogn to make first XD

What type of blade would be best for a thin neck though?

Lord Maul
01-06-2008, 12:18 PM
You could fit a 5 watter with no sound into that hilt.* Get Tim's rechargable 7.2V NiMH pack, put the recharge port in the pommel (using the MPS insert) and you're set.

*Referring to the hilt with the MHS thin neck section. The smaller hilt would be SUPER tight.

Malaki Skywalker
01-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Malaki, you beat me to the sketch, looking at that think neck, I'm reconsidering which desogn to make first XD

What type of blade would be best for a thin neck though?

MUWHAHAHHA :lol: Sorry about that one Tom but i just had to now i know how to make concepts :D

Blade wise it shouldn't matter for the thin neck? i wouldn't of thought so? :???:

sekrogue1985
01-06-2008, 02:37 PM
i like what Malaki Skywalker posted for a design. It's a good starting hilt and if you want to you could even do both and make your shorter hilt as a shoto or something. But that is just me. Oh in terms of what to use i'd go with a K2 or a Lux III because you need a larger battery space for the LuxV. Again that is just me. Also if you were going to use an ultrasabers.com blades use a mid grade stunt blade and a retaining bolt because they have the higher chance of not getting stuck and will fit all the time. Hope this helps.

Malaki Skywalker
01-06-2008, 02:46 PM
i like what Malaki Skywalker posted for a design. It's a good starting hilt and if you want to you could even do both and make your shorter hilt as a shoto or something. But that is just me. Oh in terms of what to use i'd go with a K2 or a Lux III because you need a larger battery space for the LuxV. Again that is just me. Also if you were going to use an ultrasabers.com blades use a mid grade stunt blade and a retaining bolt because they have the higher chance of not getting stuck and will fit all the time. Hope this helps.

Oh yeh i forgot about the K2 :lol: my bad

Count Malik
01-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Thanks guys with this new info. by the middle of this month I should have this saber started. Thanks!

Count Malik
01-13-2008, 02:46 PM
thought of a new and different disign. I will order parts on the 15th. But this new disign will have: LED blade holder style 5, MHS thin neck, MHS hilt style 1 , mps pommel style 3 w/insert #2. It will have a blue (not royle blue) K2 basic LED kit in it mabe with quick conectors. Also since I'm not doing a rechargable battery, I'm still getting a mps insert style 2. Could I put one of the LED indecator? Thanks.