PDA

View Full Version : MHS saber sound

Count Malik
01-05-2008, 08:59 PM
Hi, I'm new to posting so here i go. I'm going to build a MHS saber in a week or two so i'm just getting thing planned out and I was going to use a Lux. V but now drivers are in stock any where, so I have to use a Lux. III but the only sound card I can find is a Hasbro sound board from a Obi ROTS toy saber. Well the card works fine I just need to know how three things 1st how to wire one up, 2nd can I use one of the TCSS's speakers, 3rd can I run a Lux. III off of it. Thanks!!!:confused:

Lord Maul
01-05-2008, 09:34 PM
Yes, you can run a 3 watter off it.

Yes, you can use one of TCSS's speakers.

Check out the Hasbro Wiring thread, it's like 30 pages on how to wire those boards.

Count Malik
01-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks Lord Maul you just helped my saber project go alot faster.

strengthofrage
01-06-2008, 07:51 AM
Hi Malik,

I just used the same Obi-Wan Hasbro board and it sounds really good (for Hasbro) with a decent amount of resonance and sound holes in the hilt. It is pretty darn loud. The only thing I didn't like is instead of the motion sensor feature it had the force motor. I just disconnected it, the motor they used was pretty big.

I used a K2 so I didn't run the LED from the board. Let us know how it works out for you, I am curious to see how well the Hasbro runs the LuxIII.

Count Malik
01-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Right now I have every thing ready and planned out. I will order all the parts at the same time. I was going to use a lux. V but I couldn't find a sound board/driver for it which I would need to run it. So I dicided to go with a lux. III and the one and only sound board/driver I found for it was a Hasbro from a Obi ROTS. BTW the reasion I'm using ether a lux. III or V is because Ultra sabers have the mhs quick disconect LEDs that are already built in those two LEDs. any suggestions? Thanks!

Jay-gon Jinn
01-06-2008, 11:48 AM
So just order this:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Quick-connector-P38.aspx
and this:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MHS-LED-MountHeatsink-P177.aspx
And the extra leds' and you've got the same thing that Ultra calls his "MLS". This combo used to be in the store as an Led Quick-Change Kit, but I can't find it anymore....it might be in the store somewhere.

It'll look like this when wired up:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/My%20Chrome%20MHS%20sinktube%20saber/MHS_saber_parts_quick_change_kit.jpg

Count Malik
01-06-2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks Jay-gon if I would have known that it might be funner to build and a cheaper buy. One question if I got those things with a K2 or lux. V kit what else would I need to buy? Thanks for the help!

Jay-gon Jinn
01-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Aside from the actual hilt pieces, nothing. Just keep in mind that a Lux V isn't interchangeable with the K2. They have different voltage and amperage requirements, so make sure you decide on what you want to go with before placing your order.

Count Malik
01-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Well I ordered my parts last Wed. I used a green K2 w/ quick connecters well I used pommel #5. but here is my question, can i use that pommel and put small holes in it then wire a speaker in it (with glue or something). But one problem is that I am using the AA battery holder with Alkline batteries. Could I still unscrew the pommle and move the wires to change the batteries. If any body has any information, it will be greatly used. Thanks!!

Novastar
01-29-2008, 02:54 AM
You probably could, but... you might want to consider other options.

One other option is to put the speaker "ahead" of the battery pack (basically more toward the middle of your hilt). If you do this, and drill many extra holes in the hilt body/sides for additional resonance... you may have some really awesome sound, AND gain the ease-of-use on removing the pommel to get to the batteries... AND never have any fear of "twisting off" wires with the pommel.

I'm beginning to think that the above setup is one of THE best possible sound setups for any kind of MHS or "screw-on pommel" saber. Mainly to avoid twisted wires, but also to allow for removeable batteries.

Myself--I mainly go for recharge ports in my sabers, so... I don't like to remove batteries much. And, if I DO go with non-rechargeables, I've pretty much left FX setups alone, using the 3AA MR speaker+batt packs... which are pretty nifty, all things considered.

Count Malik
01-29-2008, 06:09 PM
Ok thanks, sounds simple enough and different I might do that I want something specal for my first saber like ultra sound or CF 3.0 when one of them come out hopfully it will be CF.

Count Malik
01-29-2008, 10:33 PM
One more thing since CF 3.0 will be back soon I want to get my hands on one. But were would I set the board inside the hilt. And people who have CF what did you use for the aux. buttion? Because my speaker will be in the middle of the hilt (thanks to Novastar)? Thanks.

Count Malik
01-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Hey Novastar you know how you were talking about using fx saber battery packs on a custom saber with sound(CF), ummm well how would you put one of those in a MHS Saber? Thanks, your help is and will be greatly needed.