PDA

View Full Version : The Force Unleashed Lightsaber

sekrogue1985
01-05-2008, 08:15 PM
So I was at Wal-Mart with my girlfriend this evening and as I am passing by the toy section i saw the the force unleashed lightsaber. I was like woot, it's out, the wait is over, and other assorted feelings of wootness. Obviously the other part of me was like okay it's one of those 20 dollar lightsabers that are fun to beat your buddies up with for a cheap laugh and just good to mess around with and not for major dueling. So with the eyes of my girlfriend rolling i buy this item. Getting it home I'm happy with what it offered yet unsatisfied by the brightness but what can you as for from the toy it's not luxeon but it fits well with my other collection of 20 dollar sabers.

Now for a simple review. Since it is one of the 20 dollar lightsaber one can not expect it to be good. The color changing light feature is a fun touch and is similar to what the Anakin EPIII saber has, but insteat with the changing of the color spikes come up off the hilt to signify it as a Sith lightsaber and it turns red. Also a sound plays when this happens too. It does not make a woosh sound when you move it unlike some of the other sabers. Thank god it doesn't vibrate lol sorry issues with the obi-wan saber. Also clash sound forgot to say that too. Anyway, the lights don't blink during any time just on and off a bit timed too. Over all you get a litte you lose a little like all the 20 dollar sabers it's never perfect but fun to mess around with.

Count Malik
01-05-2008, 09:20 PM
wow, so quick to come out. don't care for the look to much thats just me. But yes good to fool around with. How do you grip it?

sekrogue1985
01-05-2008, 09:23 PM
like the other 20 dollar sabers nice and thick but not as think as the spring-loaded ones. i'd say about the grip size of the qui-gon jinn 20 dollar lightsaber that was repainted as just standard jedi sabers later on as the other movies came out. It's decent i just got it cause i have the collection of them and they are cheaper replica sabers than the MRs.

Do-Clo
01-07-2008, 02:32 PM
I took one of those apart for the sound board and it is a pain to get apart but the sound board will fit inside of a mhs hilt if anyone is wondering and without the flash on clash effect it is an ok cheap sound option.

Tom Starkiller
01-07-2008, 02:52 PM
Obi-Wan vibration, don't remind me, I hate it :evil:

Barmic Rin
01-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Trust you to gut one before most have even seen it in their local store, Do-Clo!!! LOL!!!

I agree with Malik, it's kinda Fugly in either mode if i'm honest.
I thyink the Kenobi EP3 was the best looking, shame about the clash flash on that though.

Tom Starkiller
01-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Trust you to gut one before most have even seen it in their local store, Do-Clo!!! LOL!!!

I agree with Malik, it's kinda Fugly in either mode if i'm honest.
I thyink the Kenobi EP3 was the best looking, shame about the clash flash on that though.

Lol, agreed. :)

sekrogue1985
01-07-2008, 03:16 PM
do-clo mind sharing pic on this thread of the cutted saber and what not

valeon
01-08-2008, 07:33 AM
How is the sound quality on this board as compared to the other Hasbro boards? Better? Worse? Does the chip itself look different? Wired differently? That's all I have to ask. Thanks.

Do-Clo
01-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Sorry the board has already been used and sent out.;) The sound quality is typical of a hasbro saber and it does not have a swing sensor for a swing sound. But on the upside the board does not flash when powering on and no flash on clash so that is a step forward. With the right speaker and sound chamber it will make a ok sound board option.

Sometimes a little sound is better than trying to hum the words yourself:mrgreen:

strengthofrage
01-08-2008, 11:29 AM
I agree Do-Clo. I put a Hasbro Obi-Wan ROTS in my MHS with a couple inches of resonance and some sound holes in the hilt and it is pretty loud and sounds good. It is definitely beter than having no sound at all.

sekrogue1985
01-08-2008, 12:02 PM
very very true. But before the invention of the sound board we all admit to humming every now and then right.

strengthofrage
01-08-2008, 08:55 PM
Guilty as charged.

Ghostbat
01-09-2008, 10:27 AM
very very true. But before the invention of the sound board we all admit to humming every now and then right.

You mean you don't still hum anyway?

strengthofrage
01-09-2008, 10:30 AM
The theme song may have been hummed a few times here or there lol...