PDA

View Full Version : Well Met

Suman Das
01-03-2008, 08:54 AM
Hello everyone.
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself.My name is Damian. I just started building sabers and this forum has helped tremedously. I just wanted to thank everyone for their commitment and knowledge. I officially have the sickness. I never was very handy but since I started collecting sabers I have finally found work that is fun lol. Im now a solder junkie. Anyway.....Thanks again and I hope to trade info with all of you soon.
thanks
Suman Das
Damian Cusumano
http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/2000000168fadad/1/70/UDOjxisK1j9eJXL9Y7495WIJrlPcYkua.jpg (http://www.slide.com/s/RIcfij673D-brBE6TiewASSGgN3LavdX?referrer=hlnk)

Tom Starkiller
01-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Welcome, and great looking saber :D

Suman Das
01-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks man. It took alot of patience and hard work. My hands still hurt from stretching the o rings lol.

Barmic Rin
01-03-2008, 10:42 AM
Hi,

Glad we've got another one hooked!
I love your work dude!

strengthofrage
01-04-2008, 07:42 PM
Welcome Suman Das!

I like your sith saber, very nice.

Novastar
01-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Nice sabers and--you're most certainly welcome!

Hope you've tried some of the CF sound fonts out... ;)

Treadingwolf
01-05-2008, 09:11 AM
Welcome!
Looking forward to seeing more of your work :)

Suman Das
01-05-2008, 08:48 PM
Nice sabers and--you're most certainly welcome!

Hope you've tried some of the CF sound fonts out... ;)
hey nova i would if i could get ahold of a CF board. lol Im a big fan of your work also. Im dying to try that stuff out. Its pretty much top priority on my list of things to buy and learn. Id love to even get an old one just to tinker with. But I guess Ill wait like everyone else lol.

strengthofrage
01-06-2008, 07:31 AM
Yep, sound is pretty much the one thing that everyone is anxiously awaiting right now. Erv is gathering info to see who would be interested in his amazing Crystal Focus 3.0, there is a thread in the saber sound section, it has instructions on how to let Erv know you would be interested in a CF for the next batch. The Novastar sound fonts are amazing, I must have watched his YouTube demos a good 30 times by now lol. You can find em on our forums or on Plecter Labs home page (Erv's online store).

The other option is Ultrasound. Last I heard was they may be doing another run of the current board by late February though I am unsure if that is accurate. From the Ultrasound demos I have seen they sound really good and have some cool features. Erv's CF board is more 'fully loaded' from what I have seen (just my second hand opinion, I don't want to hurt any feelings), but Ultrasound is another great sound option.

A lot of people get old or busted Force FX sabers and gut them for the sound board, I havent found any that were decently priced for destruction yet. I used a Hasbro in my last MHS saber. It sounds good with the right resonance and sound holes (I put two rows in the underside of my hilt) but they are definitely the bottom of the sound board food chain. Better than nothing though, especially for us beginners.