PDA

View Full Version : Thread size and Pitch?

Arm on Fire
01-03-2008, 07:58 AM
I am trying to design a new hilt with a mix of MHS parts and some custom machined parts,
what is the size and pitch of the threads in the MHS parts and how long / deep are they?

sekrogue1985
01-07-2008, 10:14 AM
yeah a vacum cleaner add on would be the best from what i've tried. It was plastic though but once i built it into a saber the triplets i look after had lots of fun.

Jedi-Loreen
01-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Um, is that a reply post? It's totally out of context to the question asked. :?

xwingband
01-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Dude, didn't we address this before... ask Tim! Maybe he doesn't want every dumb schmuck in the world knowing.

Maybe he'd do the custom work too, then you wouldn't need to know threads and every other thing.

DarthFender
01-08-2008, 02:36 AM
Um, is that a reply post? It's totally out of context to the question asked. :?

You know what I think....
I think a sack of flour makes an awful big biscuit. Narf!!!
And if they called it a SAD meal, no one would buy it.

Arm on Fire
01-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Hey Xwingband ,So we are all dumb schmucks now huh? nice . anyway i posted this several days before our last discussion, which was prompted by the lack of response and your comments.last i checked tim was a member of this forum obviously if he wanted all us schmucks to know he would have responded with the answer by now, he has not and thats fine, ill figure it out on my own. I can see ive struck a nerve so ill just say this if you dont like these type of questions "Moderate" them and remove them or just ignore them and if no one wants to reply then they will die out.

xwingband
01-08-2008, 07:24 AM
You haven't struck a nerve... I just don't how you can see asking for something that is essentially proprietary in an open forum setting is at all tactful. You seem to think anyone but Tim could answer, he might give it to you in an e-mail but you seem to want to be bull-headed and do it however you please.

Arm on Fire
01-08-2008, 09:31 AM
I can see that this will never be resolved so this will be my final thoughts...
I just want to reiterate my intentions here, i just wanted a simple dimension so that i can make some custom parts ,that are not avalible, to fit with MHS parts for my our personal saber design. the thread size may be sligthly more technical but is no more "proprietary" than the other dimensions listed in the store as well as many other topics in this "open forum". what I thought was a simple question in an attempt to save another of the 100's of questions tim gets in e-mails probably every day i figured somebody else would know.As i said i'll just wait and measure them myself.

I wouldnt want any "propreitary" dimemsions to get out to all us "bull-headed schmucks"(nice language there moderator) so dont worry xwingband , when i get my MHS parts ill keep it a secret.

Tim, I truely meant no disrespect to you by asking this on your forum i really felt it was a legitimate and harmless question, but unfortunalty it was made into a bigger deal than it needed to be.

xwingband
01-08-2008, 11:37 AM
If you haven't noticed I have no moderator priveleges since the forum change...

You just don't understand and I'll leave it at that.