PDA

View Full Version : Bent tubing source

strengthofrage
01-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Hi er'body,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a source for bent tubing that can be used to try a curved hilt. You dont see many non-pvc customs that have curved hilts... I have seen pre-bent conduit at Home Depot and wondered if it could be made to work with the MHS at all. Maybe the sink adapter somehow, not sure. Anyone try a curved hilt or know of anywhere that we might find bent tubing?

Thanks

Darth_DevilGuy
01-02-2008, 02:13 PM
home depot sells tones of bet sinktubes, or at least they did when I worked there, I try to stay out of there to prevent flashbacks. but yeah any local hardware store worth patronizing has plumbing thats bent to various degrees, a lot of the projects I've been looking at use these as a base.

strengthofrage
01-02-2008, 02:39 PM
Thanks Darth Devil.

All I have seen at Home Depot as far as plumbing would be the sink tubes but they are all 90 degree bends and very short, Im looking for something closer to a 45 or just a gradual bend...

Darth Tollo
01-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I got one from www.randomsabers.com (http://www.randomsabers.com) for my curved pirate hilt. see the gallery under that title for pics.

Lord Maul
01-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Barmic has used vacume cleaner tubes before. Those are generally considered the best, due to ease of use.