PDA

View Full Version : quick question on required space

Canibiccus
01-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Alright gang, here's my issue--

I've got a design sketched out, but I'm unsure just how much room I would need in the hilt for electronics etc. I'd like to go with emitter 7 and a thin neck section (which I'm waiting to see come available before I order anything), but I'm not sure how long a center section I'd need to fit speakers/resonance, soundboard, driver, switches, etc. I'd like to keep the saber at about 10-11 inches, but still have some room to do add-ons as I get the time/money/inclination, like a rechargeable batt and some hilt lighting.

First up, what is the length of the thin neck section? It looks to be about 2 inches or so... is that accurate? And, the all important "when are they hitting the shop, approximately?

Second, just how much would I be pushing my luck trying to cram everything into a 5 or 6 inch center section?

Lastly, just how difficult is it to do modifications after the initial build? I've been building models and RCs my whole life, and know a few tricks, but I don't want preconceived ideas getting the best of me here.

Thanks for any input you guys could give me! Its the resonance chamber that keeps tripping me up, really... just not sure of what works and what doesn't, and I figure go to the pros instead of try and trial and error it.

xwingband
01-01-2008, 09:31 PM
For resonation get an MPS pommel and the other stuff like speaker and holder and leave the resonance alone. It's adequite and you don't have to go to a lot of work.

As for the essence... it totally depends on what EXACTLY you want. Say, you only use an MR board then 5-6" of space would be doable if you are neat. Start trying to add Corbin's then space with the switches becomes a concern.

IDK... I sometimes start with a design and work the components around the design and other times I've designed around electronics. The key is deciding which is most important. If the thin part and short ness is your concern then batteries will suffer and an all-in-one board is probably the only way it will fit at all.