PDA

View Full Version : Affordable saber (hilt) display stand

Tenric Starkindler
02-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Just putting an idea out there since I haven't the money for a "genuine" display.
there are two cheap options.

first (the one I'm using) is to simply use an empty CD-R spindle (100 count). They have a wide enough base to not tip over even with a slid metal duelling hilt. Just slip the "business end of your hilt over the spindle and your set.

Second would be to use a "doll stand" from most hobby/craft shops. THey ae inexpensive (@$5-6) and could hold the hilt upright (though there might be an issue of overbalancing.

if I can get a pic up of mine I will.....looks nice.. I might even be able to set up an LED or two to loght it....

Reality often interferes with what would otherwise be an idyllic delusion.

elrond.406
12-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Second would be to use a "doll stand" from most hobby/craft shops. THey ae inexpensive (@$5-6)

Tim's MR FX stands are like just $5 (I think)

Lord Maul
12-11-2006, 09:05 PM
or you could just get the FX-Sabers hilt stand which to me looks ugly :D

xwingband
12-11-2006, 09:43 PM
or you could just get the FX-Sabers hilt stand which to me looks ugly :D

I think their hilt stand are awesome... the Randomsabers ones suck. Huge hunks of metal.

987654321a
12-11-2006, 11:28 PM
i really love the fx saber ones.

Lord Maul
12-12-2006, 07:18 AM
they just look really chuncky and unattractive to me :(

xwingband
12-12-2006, 07:38 AM

The ones that come with the MR saber? or the ones like in the store or fx-sabers.com sells?

If it's the latter, you have the weirdest tastes.

Ryma Mara
12-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Got one thats even cheaper and can hold as many as you want.

2x4 and the cb mic clips.

Screw them to the board and hang your sabers from the thumbscrews.

Lord Maul
12-12-2006, 03:32 PM
If it's the latter, you have the weirdest tastes.

it is the latter. i might have weird tastes but also, that baby wouldn't go at ALL with the stuff in my room :D

meiv4
12-12-2006, 10:30 PM
that slotted shelving rack stuff and some tig welding filler wire. and a popsicle stick, and a random small stick, and a shelf bracket, and one set of nice acrylic pieces i cut out that cradle the saber hilt and blade and fit the slots nice.