PDA

View Full Version : another hello from Atlanta

savyas
12-26-2007, 07:12 AM
It seems I'm not the only saber junkie from ATL.. Hello and well met!

I made this post right before the boards went down for migration, and the post was flagged for moderation - so I'll try to skip using proper names, which is why I think it was flagged.

My infatuation began quite some time ago, and I had plenty of excuses to buy multiple el-cheapo unnamed toy company sabers for my son. Now they might make spare parts for other projects!

So my wife got a bonus before christmas and she asked me if I wanted anything special.. I couldn't really come up with anything, so I asked her to buy a Mace FX saber for me.. That's when I started reading various forums and found you. Before the FX even showed up I had determined that I wanted to convert the Mace as well as build a new MHS saber. I already stated that I had some spare electronics from toys, but was eyeballing the sound board sold here, or even one of Erv's buttered toast 3.0, if and when it's in stock. After looking through the various MHS parts I settled on a design and got ready to place an order only to discover that most of the pieces I wanted were out of stock. I then read the majority of the forums and saw why they were out of stock. Discouraged, but not disuaded, I started on a sink tube project... and went to toys are us and bought a Luke and Darth FX.. I'll probably go back today and get a Yoda. I've got a fever baby, and the only cure is more cow bell (or lightsabers!).

I have some electronics experience (including circuit design), but I haven't touched a circuit in 10 years. I'm looking forward to exercising my long lost skills.. hopefully I can contribute back to the community as well.

So I already have 1 question. The mace I got is from AOC.. I didn't know the difference in the ROTS and the AOC blades when I ordered - and the brightness of the blade (or lack thereof) really shows. After the fact I went back and looked for an ROTS Windu on Ebay and Amazon and haven't been able to find them. Are the ROTS Windu blades just that rare?

DaJoQuim
12-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Hello my friend and welcome to the forum!!I would think it should be the other way around.There should be a lot of mace rots sabers around and the mace aotc sabers should be rare to find.

savyas
12-31-2007, 07:57 AM
Looking back at the Amazon items purchased list, I see the description of my Mace _SAYS_ AoTC, but upon further inspection, the box says it's RoTS.. I guess there are plenty of scammers out there!

I guess the purple blade is just dimmer than the Luke, Vader, or Yoda blades that I have.

DaJoQuim
12-31-2007, 06:06 PM
Yes the purple blades on the mace sabers are not all that hot ;but,there are ways to crank the briteness up a notch lol!!Convert that bad boy into a luxeon saber with a white led and add a purple lee filter over the lens!!

savyas
01-01-2008, 09:29 AM
That's the plan - I'm just waiting for the store to come back online and the conversion kits to be in stock! Oh yea, today is the first.. I'll have to go and check to see if the store is back online. Happy New Year!!

savyas
01-01-2008, 09:33 AM
Store's up, but I can't find conversion kits.. I'll check back later.