PDA

View Full Version : Blade Holder and custom D.I.Y

Kabraxxis
12-18-2007, 02:37 PM
Directly re-posted from FX-Sabers.com:

I was wondering if I could custom-order a few parts from the D.I.Y section for some sabers. Namely I have the LED's and instructions needed but require the conversion blade holders and retention screws alone. In particular I need a Mace, Obi-Wan and Darth maul and was hoping to pick up some "generic" or blank blade holders I could mill as needed for a Yoda conversion. I can't seem to find any local machinists who have 1.25 OD/1'' ID tubing =/. If anyone can help or has any ideas I'm open to suggestions!

I was wondering how much it might cost if I asked for just a blank 2 or 3'' blade holder that could house an LED, lens, col., and maybe even a TCCS heatsink? I'm not afraid to do a little cutting myself but I cannot find anywhere to pick up a blank tube of aluminum or copper with a 1.25 OD and 1'' ID.

vortextwist
12-18-2007, 03:12 PM
you probably won't becouse if you have seen an tcss bladeholder you will see at the bottom of the holder there is a lip, it serves 2 purposes, A bladestop and holds down the lenz on the led.

Arm on Fire
12-18-2007, 05:25 PM
go to mcmaster.com and serch for p/n 9578T52 it a little pricey but it depends on how bad you want it, Mcmaster-carr is a great place to find all sorts of saber building supplys. good luck. :D

xwingband
12-18-2007, 05:49 PM
The 1.25" blade holder works for the yoda if you cut down the heatsink to just a plate.

www.onlinemetals.com for 1.25" OD 1" ID aluminum... pretty cheap. There is even a link that helps TCSS out by using it but I don't have it at my finger tips.

Kabraxxis
12-18-2007, 06:30 PM
Great! Just what I was looking for, thanks everyone =D