PDA

View Full Version : LED blade reflection and such

petriomelony
12-13-2007, 07:09 PM
hey guys

so i just got my big package from Tim, woo [:

not going to lie, the first thing i thought was "geez, whoever wrote my address has girly writing..." and then saw that Tim and his wife (i think) stamped the package :) cute.

so yea, i was going through and looking at the parts (and they are excellent), feeling a little disappointed that the blade adapter didn't fit right away into the tube i ordered from online metals, but it's like, just a hair off... with some sanding of the tube that should be no problem (and better tight than loose, anyways), and the LED was SO TINY!! i was like, hmm, i wonder if there's stuff inside this little piece of bubble wrap... oh my GAWD is that the lens?! so yea, anyways.. good times

the blade looks wicked, corbin's film and all... one thing i noticed though, when looking down the tube i don't see the mirror dead on... or at least, the mirror wasn't reflecting 90 degrees or something. so i rotated the tube while looking down and sure enough it's definitely a little.. something. i looked at the mirror from outside while rotating it, and it runs a straight line, so it's not that, so i figure the tube is just a little warped because it's, well, plastic, and long. of course it's going to warp a bit.

has anyone had a similar issue in the past/a good fix for it? or should i not even worry about it? i was trying to just gently bend the tube, and also noticed corbin's film like... bending. imagine like, the sort of bend marks in a pop can except they spring back straight... that's ok, right? i wasn't bending it very hard and figured if i were going to slam the blade against another it'd bend even more... it *is* thick wall afterall, so it should be ok...

so yea, just need to stick the polyp inside the tube one of these days, and i need to go procure myself a dremel/different types of sandpaper to get started on the hilt... but yea [: should be good times. i'd appreciate it if anyone has any insight into the blade thing.

Hasid Lafre
12-14-2007, 04:40 AM
Its all normal. Fims crinkle like that, If you hold it in a crinkle to long it will perma crinkle.

petriomelony
12-14-2007, 06:11 AM
Its all normal. Fims crinkle like that, If you hold it in a crinkle to long it will perma crinkle.

ok, that's what i thought :) how about the blade straightness and such though?

Jay-gon Jinn
12-14-2007, 08:49 AM
The issue with the straighness of the blade is also normal. I have a couple that aren't perfectly straight as well. It's no big deal really, unless you're a perfectionist....then it'll drive you nutty!

Strydur
12-16-2007, 05:58 PM
If I wrote the address it would never get there 8)

strengthofrage
12-16-2007, 09:11 PM
:lol:

Sounds familiar

Darth Morbius
12-24-2007, 07:23 AM
If I wrote the address it would never get there 8)

That's exactly why I use pre-printed shipping labels when I send stuff now... :mrgreen:

Jay-gon is correct about the blade tube straightness. I have a couple PolyC blades that came with a small amount of curvature, but it doesn't hinder how the blade lights, unless the thing looks like a banana. ;)