PDA

View Full Version : I wish to upgrade the looks of my current mhs.

Hasid Lafre
12-13-2007, 12:13 PM
But not sure how to go about somethings.

If you havent seen it before heres a pic.
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Lightsaber%20Pics/99FinishedSaber2.jpg

Now I want to get a new pommel and ribbed section, That way I can put my speaker in the bottem of the hilt and have the recharge port there also, A new pommel will make this possable, I was thinking of MPS pommel style 5 as my current pommel is a non mps style 5 thats been machined to be a MPS of sorts, But one give me the room I need for bothe a recharge port and a speaker.

Now I wnt to get a new ribbed section cause I basicly had to make a big plate activation to hide the botched work I did for sound holes and such.

Now i need to stick with a DPDT switch and want to keep the accent led, But iam not sure on what to do for the activation plate. I amnot that great with a dremel and will prolly have tim machine the ribbed section so I can house the switch and led easly but still have the plate cover the work and have a mounting point for the switch and led.

Now I have to graft a band for the crown emitter to hide some screw holes that wernt lined up very well and will have that fixed.

But the big thing is I am not sure what do do about the hilt section itself, Should I leave it like it is? forget the plate on the ribbed section and use a control box instead that way the forward grip section is clean?

If I go that route I will prolly alter an MR rotj luke control box to hold my dpdt switch. Then I may be abel to put my battery pack in the ribbed section and then get a shorter than 7" hilt section for the rest and have some room to play with if need be.

But I dont want parts to go to waste, except the ribbed section. that thing would only be good as a paper weight after upgrading would be done.

Maybe I could have tim shorten my 7" section to say 5.5" and re do the threads on one end.

But thats only if My 2600mah AA battery pack will fit in the ribbed section.

Arg this is racking my brain and annoys me to no end. What are some of you folks thoughts on how I shoudl accomplish the upgrade looks?

Eather way some screw holes have to be hidden and re done and a nw ribbed and pommel parts will ahve to be ordered.

Luar Selbor
12-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Have you considered polishing it and just keep the same overall look?

I mean I like the way it is now but needs some polishing, but I don't know, what ever you like. That is what matters the most. Right?

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
12-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Funny, the switch plate I just made looks a lot like yours. I didn't copy you, honest!

Just a few thoughts about your saber...

I would replace the ribbed section with a 4" section. I'm not a big fan of the big, clunky looking switch boxes, but that's up to your taste. I would design a new switch plate so that your switch and LED fit in the first inch or so, leaving about 3" ahead of the switch for a grip. Maybe make the switch plate a complete brass ring to match the other rings on the hilt.

Plan it out well, and get Tim to mill out the hole for you.

The band you want to put on the crown emitter would of course be brass as well.

I love the look and feel of a leather grip. I would get some tan colored leather and fill in the spaces between the brass bands. This would look cool and hide any extra holes. I would also replace the screws in the bands with brass hardware.

Just my $.02 Hope that helps.

Luar Selbor
12-15-2007, 10:57 AM
That sounds nice. :lol:

Hasid Lafre
12-15-2007, 04:59 PM
Well iam trying to not increase the length, its already pas my length style. 12" is max where as this is 13 and a 1/4 almost.

Hasid Lafre
01-03-2008, 05:50 PM
Well my brother is giveing me a ribbed section that he cant use. So I got that atleast.

But as far as to what else I have no idea, I kinda want to spend as very little as possable.

I was thinking about getting some stingray skin off VT if thats possable but that might not work.

The hardest part is gonna be covering up the screw holes in the crown emitter cause there off kilter a little bit.

Hasid Lafre
01-05-2008, 09:45 AM
Ok iam trying to figure this out in my head and it givin me a headach.

Ok Iam trying to work on some upgrade looks for my mhs and need a space question answered.

I have a 4AA rechargable battery pack sold here, corbin driver and 05 MR vader sound board.

Now will these components fit inside a space of
(Back end) (Forward end)
modded pommel 5, 2" ext, m/m connector, Ribbed EXT and a 3" EXT.

Now it will have to sit forward of the m/m connector. so will the battery pack and boards fit in a ribbed EXT and 3" EXT?

The m/m connector has a smaller id so that hinders placement, and a heatsink will take a tad more space from what I can use.

Cause I really dont want to put the boards in the bottem of the hilt, or is it best for the boards and clash sensors to sit in the bottem of the hilt?

AS it sits my battery pack and boards sit in a space of 6" or so. iam sure theres atleast a half of an inch of maybe a touch less of space thats usable but iam not to sure of that.

I would like to take my hilt apart and test fit with my brothers extra parts that hes got but I dont want to take it apart untill I know for sure before I decide to get the parts.

So can someone who has dimentions help me out here cause this hilt upgrade thing is annoying me.

I have access to a 2" EXT a M/M connector and a 3" EXT.

I would prefer the 3" to be at the forward of the hilt cause its got a switch hole already.

I also need to be abel to get space for my recharge port to sit in the side of the hilt cause I dont have the space for a recharge port in the pommel and the speaker must go in the pommel cause my sound is rather weak and isent getting any help where its at.

I have a plan for my 7" section in the next saber but someones gonna have to do that work for me cause I dont want to deal with it :P

So someone anyone help me figure out this space issue cause I dont want to buy something I dont need when all I really need is an extention and a connector.