PDA

View Full Version : Pre-LED Hasbro Board Wiring

Zero Unit
12-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Since I am still a bit lost on how exactly to do this, and I don't want to fry the K2 green I just ordered, I will humbly ask here.

The pre-LED era (1995) Hasbro sound board has an integrated switch pad that I don't think I'll be able to circumvent, but the biggest issue is getting the correct number of volts/amps from the battery to the LED through this board (and speaker and old fashioned spring clash sensor), which was not built with LEDs in mind.

A diagram would be welcome. I've looked at the other Hasbro board thread, but the lack of a motion sensor and the integrated switch pad in this model complicates things for my relatively uneducated-in-electronics mind.

Thank you in advance,
Zero.

Kasri Deodene
03-24-2008, 02:22 PM
I believe i know the way around the mounted switch. The rubber switch pops off leaving 2 holes and the circuit lines beneath. A bit of carefull soldering should be able to get things done.

Does say on the packaging that it takes 2 C size batteries. The original bulb is at 2.5V, so how far you can push the actual board without the bulb being the limiting factor i don't know. I am interested to find out though as i have one that i picked up cheap.

Pics attached of the board from both sides and where i believe you can put your own switch in to replace the on board one.

The light makes its battery positive connection straight from the battery itself.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/scoobydave96/Hasbro001.jpg
http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j209/scoobydave96/Hasbro002.jpg

Hope i've got it right, i am still a noob at this :)

Chowser
05-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Can you just run the LED off a resistor and just send power to the board for sound?

I'm building an MHS for a coworker's kid's 3rd birthday and right now, it's a K2 green, no sound, I do have an old Hasbro Obi-Wan AOTC that I can gut for a soundboard. After I get back from vaca, I'll gut it and see if it works.

i'm going to start here though:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=372

xl97
05-21-2008, 09:55 AM
yes.. you can definately just use a Hasbro for sound..and NOT to DRIVE the LED..

many prefer this option as that get the flicker on/off of the LED when you clash (Flash on Clash)

you can resistor or use a buckpuck I believe.. (to keep a constant volt to it)

Zero Unit
06-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Wow, I forgot about this thread completely until I picked up my gutted Hasbro hilt today to see how shallow I could insert the blade and still have it remain solid...

Thank you very much guys, I now know what to do with it. I was about to just direct-drive without the sound at all. :D

Cheers,
Zero.

bigbret50
08-26-2008, 11:51 AM
yes.. you can definately just use a Hasbro for sound..and NOT to DRIVE the LED..

many prefer this option as that get the flicker on/off of the LED when you clash (Flash on Clash)

you can resistor or use a buckpuck I believe.. (to keep a constant volt to it)

Stupid newbie question but how? Is there a diagram out there? I have looked for about an hour and can't find anything.

Thanks,