PDA

View Full Version : LaserSabers - Made with lasers?

Kabraxxis
12-10-2007, 09:56 AM
I stumbled upon this website awhile back but only recently found it again. Now, a Luxeon is a class 2 laser but what about using actual beam lasers for a blade? From what I've seen, the benefits would be smaller required hilts to house all the electronics (save for maybe sound, but I've not found how LaserSabers achieves that).
Anyone have one of these? I'm considering picking one up if no one else can vouch for them, they seem to be fairly cheap. Are they worth it? Are they bright enough? Any thoughts or ideas?

xwingband
12-10-2007, 10:40 AM
They use a ball bearing to get the up/down... it's a pretty crappy solution. Not to mention breaking the blade would be bad...

The beam is all too thin. Luxeons are a better way... at least if you flash your eyes with a Lux you may no go blind, with a laser you will without a doubt go blind.

Hasid Lafre
12-10-2007, 11:58 AM
with leds you get blade effects, sounds of all sorts, and infinate ideas. with a lazer its pritty lame. I actuallylooked this up, some of the lazers that lazersabers uses are actually illegal in the states.

Marsupial
12-10-2007, 01:43 PM
I looked at replicated this same ball bearing technology with luxeon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFwuVfn21zk

I wouldn't use that in anything else then a non-dueling show blade. The whole concept is dangerous as hell.

The addition of a laser replacing the led is even more dangerous.

Add to that the higher price of that technology and you end up with something that I don't suggest in acquiring.

Kabraxxis
12-10-2007, 02:47 PM
All makes sense to me, thanks for your input guys!

Barmic Rin
12-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Lasers & Lightsabers? NO!!!!

Lasers & Sharks? Yes!!!!

For practicality, functionality, safety & legality, Luxeons FTW everytime!!!!