PDA

View Full Version : A future persional custom.

Hasid Lafre
12-07-2007, 08:53 AM
Ok here it is, My personal custom, Its gonna be machined.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Persional%20Saber%20Stuff/PersionalCustomPlanalterationidea2.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Persional%20Saber%20Stuff/PersionalCustomPlanalterationidea2.jpg

3 to 4 sections of the main hilt body are gonna come apart, then there's the outer overlay then iam gonna have a real graflex clamp.

Iam gonna take some old computer components and make my own piece to be held in on the clamp(like the bubbles and such but iam gonna use my own idea).

Now I want to get 2 transistor looking things like on the anh obi, ones gonna be the aux button and the other is gonna be cap for the recharge port that screws off. no kill key cause I don't want to deal with that. to me it ruins the look when its off and the saber is on. I will just deal with idle battery drain.

I want to use nimh batteries but I shall see what will entail for the setup.

Its gonna use a CFSC and a luxV green bin 6 over driven to 1amp.

The main power button will be under the clamp lever, or in the circuit board hidden in the commentary, This idea seems more feasible and essayer to do.

I figure with all the work I put into working this design out it will be my personal and probably will only change ever slightly if I don't like something.

I still need to work out the detail for the top of the bladeholder and bottom of pommel. I want to use a real AS handwheel pommel probably a parks replica cause its got the hole for a dring in it already. one less thing the machinist(still need to figure out who but that's gonna be a ways down the road) has to do considering the work to put a switch in a graflex clamp is gonna be a pain.

the only dimensions I have figured out are max grip od is 1.5 so the graflex clamp will fit proper and snug. the bladeholder ods iam not sure of yet but length will be probably 11" total, will figure out if space is limited. I may have to use li-ions but iam still not sure about them yet.

DRing or knob iam not sure of yet iam leaning towards a clip type cause a dring would look out of place but then again the saber was designed with Original Trilogy and New Republic style in mind.

And there it is.

Soulkeeper7700
12-07-2007, 11:19 AM
very nice, i hope those "teeth" looking things dont tear you hands up. i like the design though

Vazan Maceu
12-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Very nice, IŽd wield that :)

Tom Starkiller
12-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan inspired much? :P Looks great, though personally, I'd have the grips the other way around, but if it works for you than cool. And the necck/emitter looks ace.

Jay-gon Jinn
12-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Hmmm....it looks more to me like it was inspired by this:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o141/Jay-gon_Jinn/lux-saber-anodized-2.jpg

Hasid Lafre
12-08-2007, 12:22 AM
HEHEHE jay.

kinda I guess, I was looking at you hilt a couple times thou.

It was designed after I designed this.

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb168/Sidneyious/Persional%20Saber%20Stuff/OTStyleClanSabers.jpg

One on the far right.

There were things about it I dident like after some design alteration so I redid the neck section, kept the bladeholder design, and changed the rear grip and pommel and forward grip.

Forward grip is modeled after qui gonns grip section, But I was looking for a OT meets NR style.

The rear grip is styled like the ribbed section sold here but not as deep so ID space can be saved as the saber hilt itself is gonna be smaller than the mhs so a thicker outer sleave can be used, but not thick enought to where a graflex clamp wont fit. Iam looking for more of a guigonn, obi anh with a touch of luke rotj and a little bit of custom tossed in.

Jay-gon Jinn
12-08-2007, 12:27 AM
the funny thing is, is mine was suppopsed to have the Luke-style pommel as well, but the machinist forgot to do it, and i wound up liking it the way it was. You may have a space issue with QG-style forward grip, though. Might be able to fit the batteries under there, though.

Hasid Lafre
12-08-2007, 12:33 AM
well here is how I thought of doing the grip. take a tube, we shal say an mhs section, now basicly cut the notches out then slide a tube inside it. Not an actual guigonn grip but close enought iam happy with it. Its kinda like what parks did with there el quigonn.

Jay-gon Jinn
12-08-2007, 12:42 AM
That's a good idea...I figure if i ever did a QG replica, that'd be the best way to get the grips done and still have them look somewhat accurate.

Hasid Lafre
12-08-2007, 12:57 AM
yeah, I thought about doing that to my hilt a while back before I started upgradeing and the sort.

Not really after accuracy for anything really. Me iam more for funcionality then accuracy.

Hasid Lafre
12-27-2007, 12:56 AM
I have done some redesigning that Iam thinking will work out.

I reversed the shoud and added what looks like a thumbscrew but its a graflex glass eye with the glass eye removed and a copper cap in place and a micro switch under the copper piece which will function as the CF AUX button.

Main power button will be hidden in a custom clamp strip

gundamaniac
01-09-2008, 12:57 AM
any possibility of an update to the photobucket link? I can't view the design but it sounds really cool.

Hasid Lafre
01-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Well after come carefull thought of trying to get it to not look like jays hilt I scrapted it. It was giving me a headach.