PDA

View Full Version : What is really meant

xwingband
12-02-2007, 12:54 PM
"I searched everywhere."

Translation: I looked at the topic names of the first page five minutes ago and none had the word I was looking for. (Granted the search here isn't perfect, but most of the time the above is BS)

"Can you give me a diagram?"

Translation: I don't want to understand what I'm doing. I like what you are doing and I don't want learn it or make it better... I just want my silver platter.

"I thought this was neat."

Translation: I saw it somewhere or on a chain e-mail and will not look to see if it's been posted. It's simply too good and worth reposting... again... and again.

"Can it be made cheaper?"

Translation: I don't want to spend any money on quality. I'm willing to build a lightsaber but don't want others to laugh at me even more when I say how much I spent.

"Where can I buy that?"

Translation: I'm afraid of google/don't know how to use it and/or can't be bothered with researching anything because my time is way too valuable. I demand you post it right below mine so all I have to do is refresh the page.

"Will it be bright? I want the brightest possible."

Translation: I'd harness nuclear power if I could. I also want it to be in a Yoda sized hilt and run for days.

I'm tired... nap time for me. :(

Lord Maul
12-02-2007, 01:15 PM
That is sadly accurate :(

DACOTA
12-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Great work x. And yes, very sad and accurate. :cry:

Vazan Maceu
12-02-2007, 04:28 PM
Sad, indeed... The amount of info available here through a simple search, and some people keep on asking the same questions time and again...

Strydur
12-02-2007, 08:18 PM
I find myself doing the same thing sometimes when I am trying to learn something new. But then again I really dont have the time!!! Damn you all for ordering so much!!

P.S. Dont stop ordering!! 8)

LAN-ED-TUL
12-02-2007, 08:33 PM
lol, yeah, im waitin on my blades i ordered last night, he he he.

Novastar
12-03-2007, 02:29 AM
All good points, X...

Move for this (or something akin to it) to become either a sticky, or a "READ THIS FIRST BEFORE BROWSING THE SITE/FORUMS", to help newbies learn to curb excitement and replace it with LOGIC and the current state-of-the-art concepts.

I myself am surprised when I show some people the Flange III sabers and they don't understand how HARD it is to fit all that junk in there without fancy tools, AND have the 1.25" x 5" choke point, AND have the uber sound, AND have two Li-Ion 18650s + recharge, AND have the vibration motor, AND have Erv's board in there, AND have a bunch of indicator LEDs... AND have the saber nearly impossible to be destroyed--even from being thrown up in the air and smashing to the concrete.

They just say, "wow cool! Where do I buy it", heheheh

ArkaiHalon
12-03-2007, 02:37 PM
"can it be made cheaper"

alternate translation

I have a hard enough time explaining to my wife why i spend so much
money on this hobby to begin with, she'd kill me if I spend ___ on ____

valeon
12-03-2007, 02:40 PM
I can honestly say that when I first came here, I was guilty of the last one on the list. I am alot smarter than that now. At least I can try to contribute SOMETHING to the community now.

Sorry about being a complete Tool when I started hehe.