PDA

View Full Version : hasbro sound cards 2007 model

alpine
11-30-2007, 03:38 PM
ok i have this hasbro sound that im using aas a stop gap until i can afford to get erv's sound setup or an ultrasound but how do i get it hooked up to my lux 3 led setup? i looked everywhere for this setup on the threads but i cant find the exact same hasbro sound that i have.

here is a pic from one of G-Force's posts that is the exact same as the setup i have
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/G-FORCE13/CSS/DSC00361.jpg

whatever you guys can do to help me would be awesome, a wiring diagram, a step by step walkthrough, whatever along those lines would help me alot!

Novastar
11-30-2007, 06:00 PM
Alpine... you may not find the "exact" same wiring diagram, but in general you should be able to get the idea.

The only worry you would have is if you wired the batteries in BACKWARDS, but... that would be pretty tough to do unless you can't find a clear "VDD" (which is usually +) and some kind of GND or - lead point.

Another thing you could always do is use a very small amount of voltage to test (say 1.5v), and then use a multimeter to check leads here and there to see what is given back.

I know these aren't the most ideal solutions, but... a hasbro board is really basic and inexpensive. If you WERE to fry one by experimentation (which I'm sure many others have)... you'd be out... what... $10?

Personally, I've never bothered with them, as they are not worth it for my purposes. Granted, if I ever made a bunch of kids' sabers that absolutely required sound--I'd probably go for 'em.

alpine
11-30-2007, 11:14 PM
thanks nova! if anyone has anything further to add to this please do i will be happy for any further assistance.

DarthFender
12-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Alpine,

I would highly recommend the momentary lux driver sold at the Store. It will eliminate the very annoying Flash on Clash you get by driving the lux straight from the hasbro board. The lux driver has a much better FOC feature and you can use it with the clash sensor already on the hasbro board.

They can both be run from the same SPST momentary switch. And as always your results may vary, but this set up has worked very well for me.