PDA

View Full Version : Charity or Jedi giving

Erik
02-03-2006, 10:49 AM
I'd like to see here if anyone else has turned this hobby towards the lightside of the force![;)] I'll be converting an Anikin's '05 to LED for a friend's son who just had his lukemia go into remission![:)] He's 5 and I'll be giving it to him on his birthday. I'd love to do a ceremony like in Clone Wars II, but his hair's still short. If anyone's ben through the dark side and triumphed, it's him!
Anyone else with a feel good story?

scaarmor
02-03-2006, 03:33 PM
I dont have any stories near as good as that. I only ever get bad news. I just got back from my grandmothers funeral yesterday. However, your story is indeed deserving of a congrats! Its people like you how help to give kids hope when they have a hard time finding hope of thier own that really deserve the clapping of hands!

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

desertscorpion
02-03-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't have anything like that! How admirable! I think that it would be cool if you played the award ceremony theme from the end of a New Hope when you give it to him. He might like to have a belt with a clip, too. I also have a certificate that I can cut and paste here for you that I handed out at a star wars party I had last year. It welcomes him in to the order of the jedi, etc, in flamboyant, starwarsesque speech. I pretty much ripped the speech from a Shellback certificate I received when I was in the Navy.

nich
02-03-2006, 11:46 PM
Does he have any hair right now I no you said it was short you could always get extenstions for him if you wanted to do that as a ceremony.

GFORCE13
02-04-2006, 02:59 AM
Unfortuantely I don't have anything so direct but I am a member of Lininup.Net and during our 7 Weeks of waiting for ROTS we managed to raise $32,000.00 for the Starlight,Starbrite Childrens foundation.

May the Force
Be with You

Marc E.

Erik
02-04-2006, 08:04 AM
desertscorpion - My father has his shellback ticket from his Tonkin days on the Ranger. I was in the USMCR and never went on a float, but I'd be more than happy to see what you came up with! Feel free to e-mail it to me. The belt and clip will have to wait, even getting a broken saber and then the parts to convert will have used up the budget for this project. I may get some stuff from Tandy Leather in the future.
Nich - His hair is just too short to make a braid from. Besides he likes it short like his dad who is a full time Firefighter!
I'm just waiting like everyone else for the conversion kits and the LED blade holders[:p]
We'll be figuring up a proper ceremony, about 6 of us in robes, I may even be asking some members of Alderaan Base to come by and lend a hand.

nich
02-04-2006, 09:15 AM
Erik,
If you decide that you want a belt clip let me know I'll pick it up for him and That goes for any of the other parts as well. I have a little girl that was in the hospital for the last three months. She was born at 25 weeks. Thankfull medica qualified her because of her birth weight. One ponded 1/2 an ounce. I have had several different family members die because of various cancers as well. I can't even imagen what it would be like for a little boy. Nich

Erik
02-04-2006, 07:02 PM
That's real generous, Nich! I think all's going to be OK. I just need our Master of Construction to find time to get the LED blade holders in[:D] Then I'll put a shellackin on my bank account, until I can turn over conversions and custom sabers.
Thanks again.
-Erik L.
Plainfield, CT

desertscorpion
02-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Erik, it might be a few days on those certificates. I'm going to have to burn the file to cd and bring them to work. I'm not online at home. Also, last time I looked at them, I noticed some errors. I'd like to correct those first. That was cool hearing about you and your father. I did one tour on a fast attack submarine out of Pearl Harbor. It was pretty cool - just not a career for me. I'll get back to you soon.

Erik
02-06-2006, 03:54 PM
There's no rush DS. It won't be until August when we pull this all together. Which will also coincide with his last treatment! I mentioned the ceremony to his aunt, who's my dear neighbor, and she thinks it'll go over great! It also gives me time to sew a robe and perhaps a tunic. Giving it to him as I'm in my x-wing suit just wouldn't be the same![8D] I've got family who worked at EB where your boat was built. Deep respect (No pun) for the Silent Service!

Mor-El Kesav
04-13-2006, 09:02 PM
New to the forums, but I'd like to offer my assitance if it is needed. I can donate some parts for the saber or some of my old Army unit patches if you'd like. I could get some Army head gear, like a boonie cap or a beret or something like that. I live just out side of Fort Bragg, and my son is in Afghanistan. I can see if could pick up some trinket from one of the local vendors. Just let me know & I'll be happy to help out.

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
Master Yoda

987654321a
04-13-2006, 09:15 PM
i think thats a very nice thing to do. [:)][:)] its cool to[8D] i mean i broke my arm and nobody gave me anything, lol but kindness gives u good kharma, did i spell that right?

The Dark Side will kill you
www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com
http://www.imageuploader.org/uploads/598a8186b2.gif

Jonitus
04-14-2006, 08:20 AM
I am friends with a woman whose husband had an affair and subsequently abandonded her and thier four children. Her oldest, who is 11, is a big fan of Star Wars and he really wants a lightsaber, but his mom doesn't have the money for one. I hired the kid to do drawings for me for when I get my website up and running, and his payment for the drawings will be his very own lightsaber, designed any way he wants it. It's going to be the nicest saber I have or ever will build. Nothing but the best parts for him.

...how will you know the light unless you have seen the dark? How will you know the good unless you have flirted with the evil?

LAN-ED-TUL
04-14-2006, 10:29 AM
that sounds like a awesome thing jonitus

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c291/LAN-ED-TUL/me.jpg

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

naashar
04-15-2006, 09:58 AM
man, you guys..my heart is all a-swell.

Seriously, the karma will return 3fold...keep up the great work!

You don't need to see any identification.

Mi Gin Gonn
04-15-2006, 10:08 AM
i just bought my girlfriend's nephew one of Ultra's youngling sabers. not as inspiring as that first story, but he's gonna be one happy kid in about a week.

"Loyal minions, ATTACK!"
"uhh, who?"
"You, you idiots! You're our loyal minions! SO START ATTACKING!"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!"