PDA

View Full Version : Attaching the speaker to the MHS speaker mount

luke s
11-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Hey guys,

I have been searching and can't seem to find any info on the best way to attach the speaker to the MHS mount. My mount fits like a glove in the MHS hilt and the pommel nicely holds it in place. But the speaker just rattles around loose in the pommel. I assume I should put a couple small drops of hot glue on the holder to attach the speaker.

This is my first MHS, a present for my son for Christmas. The only saber I have done is a Vintage Graflex w/STEVE and Lux V. The MHS is a little new to me. I also plan on putting a recharge port in the pommel. I was planning on filing a bit of the speaker mount away in order to get the recharge wires past. Sound like a good idea?

xwingband
11-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Best way???

On one side of the mount there is two steps, one for the speaker and another to accept a plastic sinktube. I guess if your speaker is coming loose I'd just put a bead of silicon glue around the edge to hold it.

luke s
11-30-2007, 05:11 AM
Hmmm well that's what I thought but the speaker just falls through a sink tube. The sink tube doesn' fit in the first step and teh speaker is loose in the second step. I thought I was on the right track. I am using the correct size tube.

Strydur
11-30-2007, 10:04 AM
The speaker is generally only loose in the second step if you have the tube attached because the tube is a tad too large and forces the speaker holder apart. Use some super glue or something to glue the speaker in place. Then lightly sand the sink tube until it fits nicely into the speaker mount without being forced.

xwingband
11-30-2007, 10:05 AM
The sinktube will probably need some sanding. That's what it needed on mine... speaker fit fine for me though. Like I said, if it really is falling out I'd put a bead of silicon glue around the edge of the speaker.

luke s
11-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks guys.

Yes we are on the same page. I assumed that was what I should do but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.