PDA

View Full Version : Don Post Helmet quality

987654321a
11-28-2007, 10:54 PM
I am about to buy a Don Post Boba Fett helmet on ebay right now and I was wondering what the quality of it is. I dont care much about accuracy, but it should be pretty accurate.

Do-Clo
11-29-2007, 12:11 AM
I have had a DP Boba helmet and it was a decent helmet. The only problem was if you have a large head you will find that the helmet is too small.

Devilstar2k2
11-29-2007, 08:50 AM
Its not bad... As far as accuracy, its too small, the ear cap is off, and the paint sucks. Some of them come out of shape too, but that can be fixed with a 9" craft ring.

I have a DP95 sitting here that I'm about to start working on, and one feature that I really like is the fact that the arrows on the front are nice, clean, and sharp. On the Rubies, which is the later version of the DP's, they are all distorted and look like crap.

DP's are nice, but don't pay more than $50-$65 shipped for it. Anything more, and you may as well have spent the extra few bucks for one of Sgt. Fangs helmets.

-Shawn

Arm on Fire
11-29-2007, 10:25 AM
I found a 80's DP vader helmet on ebay for $25 before halloween for my vader costume and i found the quality to be exellent, much better than the rubies they sell now. i also customized it a bit (metal tusks and painted the nose piece chrome) it was a bit big so i hot glued some of those soft foam bike helmet inserts in and it fit way better and was way more comfy.
I wore it all night at a party at a bar and trick or treat with the kids.
the old saying is true i guess "they dont make things like they used to" :lol:

LAN-ED-TUL
11-29-2007, 03:09 PM
yeah, i still got my old original 77' DP 2 part vader lid too.

i can barely get it on, as its way too small, and by now the lenses are soo bad, you cant see crap outta it.

but is still original. at the time i got it, paid 40 bucks.