PDA

View Full Version : Mono Jack question

Ashron
11-26-2007, 02:15 PM
I am planning on making a Luke ROTJ saber as close to canon as possible. I am pretty sure I could do it using EL I just need to figure out a few things. Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the ¼ mono jack? Mainly how big it is at its widest point. I tried searching and could not find the dimensions. Thanks in advance for the help

Hasid Lafre
11-26-2007, 05:33 PM
why use el? you can make 3/4" led blades.

If you can do it using led I would suggest using led, el is a dead tech.

Luke-SkyMarcher
11-26-2007, 06:32 PM
hey - my brother got a luke rotj hilt custom machined to fit a 3/4" blade, the neck is just as thin as canon, the "blade sleeve" section is 1.5," and he intends to have me put a luxV into it when he has the cash. I've made 13 EL sabers, and only 2 LED sabers - these with thickwall 3/4" blades. I can honestly say that even with thickwall 3/4", LED it is sooo much better than EL. A very nice luke ROTJ bladed LED saber can be done... and I intend to do it. You just might beat me to it, though. :D

Ashron
11-26-2007, 08:14 PM
hmm...LED would be a bit cheaper. I will have to play around with the idea and figure out how it would all fit.

Darth Tollo
11-27-2007, 02:59 PM
I was wondering how big it was too.

And is it just a regular audio jack that you run power through or it it a special one?

xwingband
11-27-2007, 04:11 PM
hey - my brother got a luke rotj hilt custom machined to fit a 3/4" blade, the neck is just as thin as canon, the "blade sleeve" section is 1.5," and he intends to have me put a luxV into it when he has the cash. I've made 13 EL sabers, and only 2 LED sabers - these with thickwall 3/4" blades. I can honestly say that even with thickwall 3/4", LED it is sooo much better than EL. A very nice luke ROTJ bladed LED saber can be done... and I intend to do it. You just might beat me to it, though. :D

So is it like a Parks or like a large hero emitter? IMO Parks is nicer... it's not cannon, but thin enough that you don't care. An extended emitter too me is just as bad as a thick neck, it's a gross difference.

Luke-SkyMarcher
12-01-2007, 08:08 AM
This should give you an idea of what it looks like :wink:
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=125
There's only 1.5" blade sleeve instead of the normal 2", but I don't think that should be too much of a problem.

Darth Tollo
12-01-2007, 09:49 AM
That is sweet. Who did your custom work?

Luke-SkyMarcher
12-01-2007, 10:05 AM
A friend at a local machine shop. :wink: Incidentally, it was the same machine shop that made the original molds for the original star wars toys waaay back. They tell me that they still have the models. http://www.mpcomponents.net/