PDA

View Full Version : Vader MR piece missing

luis rojas
11-25-2007, 04:06 PM
I just find a lightsaber hilt with the sound board inside (Vader ESB 2005 MR lightsaber) but that part in the picture is missing.

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/5425/pizafaltakk1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I want to know If I can still use the board for a led lightsaber without that piece or where can I get a replacement. Thanks

Lord Maul
11-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Does your Vader have a DIN plug setup in it? If it did, and the blade was removed when you bought the hilt, you won't have the clash sensor (the part you are missing).

luis rojas
11-25-2007, 06:22 PM
So, without that I can't have a clash effect? I still want to use the board and I have some clash sensors from an old hasbro board. can i use them or just forget the clash effect?
Thanks maul for your quick answer.

xwingband
11-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Yeah, It's not ideal but the Hasbro sensor will work in it's place just fine.

luis rojas
11-25-2007, 08:17 PM
I tried to hook up the board without this sensor and I can't make it start. The board make the sound like it was starting then it stops and starts again (over and over again very fast) I want to know if its for the clash sensor or something is wrong with the board. Thanks again.

Hasid Lafre
11-25-2007, 08:29 PM
you need a clash sensor. one form a hasbro will work given you have space and it dosent touch the hilt in anyway or you can pm corbin and see what he can turn up. he got me one for my setup cause I needed a second sensor(mr board + corbins driver). And its tiny as hell.

xwingband
11-25-2007, 08:33 PM
you need a clash sensor. one form a hasbro will work given you have space and it dosent touch the hilt in anyway or you can pm corbin and see what he can turn up. he got me one for my setup cause I needed a second sensor(mr board + corbins driver). And its tiny as hell.

No... the board will work fine without it. I've done some sabers that way when I didn't have spare sensors or just didn't care.

The on/off constantly issue is usually low batteries.

luis rojas
11-26-2007, 06:52 AM
I've changed the batteries and it's still the same. I would check every component of the board to see what's going on. Thanks guys for your help.

Darth Securis
10-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey guys I have this exact same issue. I bought an Anakin saber hilt (MR FX) on ebay and it came with the Vader middle section (housing the sound board) but it didn't come with the clash sensor and the quick disconnect shown in the picture on post #1 was missing the grey wire. I have hooked up the saber without the clash sensor and the power on/power off, idle hum, and motion hum all work fine.

Darth Securis
11-13-2009, 02:30 PM
Just for your info TCSS now offers replacement clash sensors.

Kal El Rah
11-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Just for your info TCSS now offers replacement clash sensors.

I hope you realize you resurrected a 2 year old thread.:rolleyes:

Jedi-Loreen
11-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Try 2 1/2 yr old........

Darth Securis
11-14-2009, 07:44 AM
This thread happened to have the same issue that I currently have. I wasn't sure if the people who originally posted this would still be around but if they were and had found a fix then it would have been nice.

Of course if I would have started a new topic on the same subject then I would have been bashed for that, saying 'why didn't you use the search feature'!

I have been reading this forum for a while now and I have to say that this forum is very stand offish about openly sharing ideas and concerns. Most of the people posting here have not been courteous or respectful to others.

Your post held no purpose except to boost the number of posts you've made. I'm sure you have contributed something at some point, but posts like the ones above are pointless. I could have a high number of posts too if I went to every discussion and made a pointless post. I would be over 3k posts in no time.

You'll have to forgive me, but my mother always told me that if you don't have something meaningful to say than don't say anything at all. ;) lol