PDA

View Full Version : Saber keeps turning off

Darth Vengus
02-02-2006, 10:42 AM
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="2"><font color="red">I've got a problem! My Led is turning off after 15 seconds, and it's been just fine for a month now. I thought maybe batteries, but I changed them and still a time-out. I have the same setup as Corbin's Basic Wiring Diagram on his site, except I have 4 AA's instead of his recommended 5. But it was working just fine until yesterday. And my sound is completely seperate from the Led or it's batteries. Any ideas? Crud[:(]. I have had the worst luck with this saber, it's kinda depressing[V].

Vengus
</font id="red"></font id="size2"></font id="Book Antiqua">

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster and far more deadly than before. Go and seek death, my Apprentice." - Vengus, Sith Lord

GeluKhanGharr
02-02-2006, 11:55 AM
Hard to tell without actually looking at the thing directly. Assuming you have everything wired right and there are no shorts anywhere the only other reason I can think of would be overheating, but 15 seconds sounds too short even for that.
So what happens after 15 seconds? You just turn it off and back on again?

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.
http://www.saloncatalina.com/images/signature.jpg

Darth Vengus
02-02-2006, 01:00 PM
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="2"><font color="red">Yeah, Gelu. Press the button, it ramps up. 15 seconds later, it just cuts off, no ramping down. Press the button, it ramps right back up again. The weird thing is, if you press the clash&lock it right before 15 seconds, it stays on for a little bit longer, and then it cuts off a few seconds later. And the Lux is still bright as ever! Weird, huh? I think it has to be a short. I'm disassembling right now and looking for a bare wire or something amiss.

Vengus</font id="red"></font id="size2"></font id="Book Antiqua">

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster and far more deadly than before. Go and seek death, my Apprentice." - Vengus, Sith Lord

Darth Vengus
02-03-2006, 07:08 AM
<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="2"><font color="red">Yep, it was a short. No problems now. All I could think was the C. driver was crappin' out, and there went 40$. Bye-bye 40$! Bye-bye[:p]! But, no probs, no worries! Anyway, thanks for the assist, Gelu. You da man[:D]!

Vengus

</font id="red"></font id="size2"></font id="Book Antiqua">