PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to buy a luxeon lightsaber?

Waltman
11-21-2007, 01:58 PM
I am a mother looking to buy 2 luxeon lightsabers for my boys for Christmas. I haved surfed the net and have found three different places I am considering. Ultrasabers, ionsabers, or this site. I knew nothing about lightsabers until yesterday. I have a 5 and 8 year old boys who will be 'RUFF' when playing with them. WHat are your opinions on the different places and best place to buy from.

Thanks!

Barmic Rin
11-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Just PM'ed you.

Lord Maul
11-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Don't buy from Ion Sabers, they suck. As for TCSS Vs. Ultrasabers, depends on if you are a DIYer. Ultrasabers deals in complete sabers, no assembly required. TCSS is a do it yourself type site: they supply the parts, you assemble it.

Soulkeeper7700
11-21-2007, 05:44 PM
i have an Ultrassabers Darth Maul saber staff, very very cool.... what you may want to do if you do decide to go with ultrasabers, is ask Todd (the owner) if he would cut the blade shorter for you. they do have sabers that are a little smaller for kids, but not replicas from the movies. if you want a replica, you need to get the full size. but the blade is 36 inches, and about 11 inches for the handle (which is called the Hilt). so you are looking at ballpark 47 inches. may be a little big for younglings. wish MY mom would get me another saber lol... happy shopping..

Waltman
11-21-2007, 07:06 PM
Thanks to all who have replied. I am going to go with ultrasabers and ask Todd about shortening the blade. How much does a normal lightsaber from him weigh? Anyone have any idea on what a smaller verison would cost? My boys really want a double one, but I figured that would be WAY to big. Thanks again!

Delmustator
11-21-2007, 07:52 PM
If you consider the length of the FX Yoda (33" total Hilt to blade tip), I think it's almost perfect. Both my 4 and 9 year olds can handle it pretty well.

http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0008377.jpg

Matching Yoda Luxeon's would be WAY cool too..!!!

Soulkeeper7700
11-22-2007, 09:15 AM
ok well, a double saber would be way big, like i said i have a double saber from ultrasabers and its close to 7 feet in length. SO what i would recommend is what Del said about the Yoda saber. they are smaller and they are in fact a replica from the movies. and if you have seen them you will know that yoda is very small, like 3 feet tall or something, so thats why his saber is smaller..... but an ultrasaber isnt cheap. i paid 300$ for my dual saber. i dont know what todd is charging for a yoda conversion, if he even has any of those on hand to convert. if he doesnt, no worry. just buy them and send them to him and he will do the hard part. and dont forget to specify what color you want him to put in there. yoda comes stock with a green blade, but he can change it to any of the five or six colors he offers. ALSO, and this would be important, if you want a double YODA saber you need to ask todd to supply you with the piece to attach the two of them together.... i dont know what else to say at this point, i think i covered it mostly though.... any more questions, just ask. :D

Lord Maul
11-22-2007, 11:59 AM
i dont know what todd is charging for a yoda conversion, if he even has any of those on hand to convert. if he doesnt, no worry. just buy them and send them to him and he will do the hard part. and dont forget to specify what color you want him to put in there. yoda comes stock with a green blade, but he can change it to any of the five or six colors he offers. ALSO, and this would be important, if you want a double YODA saber you need to ask todd to supply you with the piece to attach the two of them together....

That is all WRONG.

There is no Yoda conversion, except one which Yoda did and one that Do Clo did. Ultrasabers WON'T EVER DO ONE. There is just not enough room. Ultrasabers doesn't make couplers either, I have no clue where you got that from. Only Jedi Arms Dealer ever made couplers for the force FXs, but I don't think he makes them anymore, and he never made one for the Yoda.

Strydur
11-22-2007, 12:41 PM
Waltman,

I did not find the time to answer your E-mail before I left to go to the in-laws for turkey but I will when I get back home. Depending on what you are looking for in terms of features and cost I am sure I can build a couple sabers for your kids in time for Santa to deliver them.

Delmustator
11-22-2007, 12:44 PM
What I meant by my post was to get a Luxeon that was the same length as the Yoda in comparison. I agree, getting a Luxeon Yoda would be tough, less alone getting 2.

A couple stunt sabers that are 33 inches total length would be excellent for younger kids.

Soulkeeper7700
11-23-2007, 11:04 AM
ok Lord Maul, if u can call yourself a lord.... you should knock off the snotty attitude, especially when you dont know what you are talking about... all i was suggesting was she speak to todd and see if he does Yoda conversions.... never implied that he had them in stock... SECONDLY,... he DOES make couplers.... they are not on his website, but all you have to do is again ASK..... i have 4 of them from him thank you very much... so dont go telling people that i am "All Wrong". i was trying to help someone out and give them info to the best of my knowledge any even make a couple of youngsters smile on Xmass..... YOU on the other hand, from some of the former posts you have made, seem to sometimes think you are gods gift to TCSS. well you aren't and im kinda upset that darth maul is my fav star wars character. if you dont have anything nice to say about anyone, then refrain from ever typing the thoughts you THINK you know...

Hasid Lafre
11-23-2007, 11:10 AM
You have cuplers for mauls. thoes are the only cuplers he sells. Now quite the bickering and take it to a pm.

Ultra dosent make anything he outsorces his components.

Soulkeeper7700
11-23-2007, 12:02 PM
right, he doesnt make them, im pretty sure he has a guy who machines his parts... but he does not only sell the maul couplers. he has much simpler couples that were made, and sold them to me for 25$. but they have the very same concept as the maul couplers, just no holes for the sound and all. sorry for the bickering, just didnt like the way he addressed my post.

xwingband
11-23-2007, 12:25 PM
Jeez... pot calling the kettle black. You didn't reply nicely either.

Just talk to Tim for what you need. This forum is attached to his store... :roll:

Hasid Lafre
11-23-2007, 12:34 PM
Ya knwo I got to thinking about that and when most do a search fo say custom sabers they will be linked to the forums.

Maybe something in the search could difect them to the dtore first instead of the forums.

987654321a
11-23-2007, 02:59 PM
There is an awesome place that I know that you can get an awesome deal from. The guys there are as nice as anyone can ever be. Their shipping is outstanding and very fast. That one place is The Custom Saber Shop. :D