PDA

View Full Version : question about crystal focus

pipster79
11-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Ive read so many posts stating that you should format the sd card everytime you put a new sound font on. Im curious as to why this is, I have never once formated my card since i got it and have had no problems yet. and i have changed sound fonts many many times and have changed options in the config many many times

Novastar
11-21-2007, 01:36 AM
It has to do with the file system, storage, and contiguous blocks of information.

If you've run into no problems... fine. But many will. I have. Formatting is a very good rule of thumb. If you don't do it and it works for you... great.

xwingband
11-21-2007, 05:59 AM
Ive read so many posts stating that you should format the sd card everytime you put a new sound font on. Im curious as to why this is, I have never once formated my card since i got it and have had no problems yet. and i have changed sound fonts many many times and have changed options in the config many many times

You are using a V1.2 correct? Big difference for only one font. With six plus boot and menu sounds the CF doesn't have the power to go searching for the correct file if it's not setup in a neat way.