PDA

View Full Version : Led on the bottom

Alai Sadu
11-19-2007, 06:52 AM
I like the idea of adding a second led to the bottom of my hilt, like the sword on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwIJEj2iH1g
Any idea? I think that it is a second less powerful led but what filters it? A mini blade?

Lord Maul
11-19-2007, 03:33 PM
You can do that pretty easily with the standard MHS setup. For my MHS, I did something similar to that. I had a crystal diffuse the light from a StarO green luxeon. The luxeon was mounted to a standard MHS heatsink, and since all the parts are made to accept the heatsinks, I just put it in place where I wanted it and wired it up. Chaos did basically the same thing too.

Alai Sadu
11-20-2007, 12:44 AM
You can do that pretty easily with the standard MHS setup. For my MHS, I did something similar to that. I had a crystal diffuse the light from a StarO green luxeon. The luxeon was mounted to a standard MHS heatsink, and since all the parts are made to accept the heatsinks, I just put it in place where I wanted it and wired it up. Chaos did basically the same thing too.

is it necessary to use a secondary battery pack too?

xwingband
11-20-2007, 07:46 AM
Nope, but you must consider the draw. If you want to use another lux volts and amperage you can pull would be important to the whole situation.

Lord Maul
11-20-2007, 04:56 PM
On mine I used a separate 2AAA battery pack. That was only because my main pack couldn't supply power to both a 5 watter and a 1 watter.

Alai Sadu
11-20-2007, 05:10 PM
On mine I used a separate 2AAA battery pack. That was only because my main pack couldn't supply power to both a 5 watter and a 1 watter.

Think one pack can stand both a K2 and a 1w leds?

Lord Maul
11-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Yup. My 5 watter needed 7.2V, a K2 needs nothing near that.

37H4N
11-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Thats a cool idea. Post pics if/when you get it done.
Cool video BTW. :wink: