PDA

View Full Version : 2003 MR Vader ANH Conversion

simi
11-19-2007, 04:27 AM
I literally just got done buying an '03 Vader ANH saber from eBay for $64. The only thing wrong is most of the LED's won't light up which is no big deal since I want to convert it to Luxeon and an Anakin ATOC. I did see the tutorial on converting the 05 ESB Vader saber. Can I use those same instructions to convert the ANH saber? I did also see that Tim won't be making any more of the Vader conversion kits as well. Once I find a new seller, will I need to spefify/find an ANH conversion kit or will any Vader kit be okay? Other than a longer hilt and few minor details, I don't see much differance between the '03, '05, and '07 Vader sabers.

pipster79
11-19-2007, 05:09 AM
ultrasabers sells both esb and anh version kits, with a cd that has instructions on it, i think tims all out of the vader ones to fit the one you have. I imagine you will need to specify, if there are differences then i dont think the kits are interchangable

xwingband
11-19-2007, 05:47 AM
ultrasabers sells both esb and anh version kits, with a cd that has instructions on it, i think tims all out of the vader ones to fit the one you have. I imagine you will need to specify, if there are differences then i dont think the kits are interchangable

Won't work for the '03 as far as I'm aware... never has been a conversion kit for that one.

simi
11-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Damn it!!! So there is no way to convert this sucker?!? :evil:

Ghostbat
11-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Damn it!!! So there is no way to convert this sucker?!? :evil:

As an owner of the ROTS Annakin I feel your pain, the conversion kit here is sold out with no immediate plans to re-issue. I used the ultrasaber conversion but it doesn't replace the blade holder so it's got a pretty good weak point that just based on a long career of plastic abuse is going to crack sooner or later.

I have given thought to coring the thing, building some MHS insert shimmed up to the pseudo-graflex shell, but then I am more a builder than a collector so I'm not going for accuracy or preservation.

simi
11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Okay bear with me because I am not in possesion of the actual saber yet. The '03 CAN be converted if I use the Ultrasaber kit. I would just have to make some type shim? I really wasn't planning on dueling with this one since I do have 3 other sabers to do so with. The ANH Vader would just be converted to Lux, displayed, and handled on occasion. So I understand this correctly, is the "weak spot" on the emitter head or where the metal conversion piece connects to the plastic inside part? [color=red]

xwingband
11-19-2007, 09:37 PM
No... there is no kit out there for it. The '03 is A LOT bigger than the '07, which is the kit Ultra has available.

There is nothing saying you can't convert it... just that there isn't a kit to use. You'd have to situate the LED and heatsink yourself.

Also the '03's size will trip you up. The emitter is larger so any of the replacement ones out there will be too small. So you'd have to paint the existing one.

Lord Maul
11-19-2007, 09:54 PM
I think JSS did one a while back, but he doesn't do sabers anymore due to tons of complaints.

simi
11-20-2007, 01:15 AM
I'm really kicking myself in the ass now for not buying the Vader ESB instead. So even the Anakin AOTC Chrome Aluminum Emitter Shroud that Ultasabers sell will be too small for the '03 Vader ANH? I really don't want to paint the existing one chrome. Chrome spray paint always ends up sucking. The only reason why I bought the ANH over the ESB was due to changing it to the Anakin ATOC saber, the grips on the ANH wouldn't need to be trimmed down. Plus $64 wasn't a bad price at that.

Kurosawa
01-11-2008, 01:24 PM
I was able to fit my ultra saber anakin shroud onto my 03 ANH...i just thinned down the part that the shroud goes on to with a dremel tool...very very time consuming and tedious..