PDA

View Full Version : Whoot! Snagged a MINT 2002 Anakin AOTC for $80

Delmustator
11-17-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm so excited.. After endless eBay bidding. I figured I'd take a quick look tonight and someone listed a mint Anakin AOTC as Buy It Now for $80..

Time to start planning another Luxeon upgrade!

My FX saber collection is almost complete.. Need only the Luke ANH 30th..

:D

Soulkeeper7700
11-18-2007, 12:42 AM
hey my friend.... i probably shouldnt tell you this, cuz i want them for myself, but Amazon.com has alot of stock MR sabers for 80$ or so.... should check it out...

pipster79
11-18-2007, 01:10 AM
yeah hes talking about the really rare anakin episode 2 that was an el saber, damn near impossible to get now for under 170 bucks, and i amend u for managing to get one, i also managed to snag one last week on ebay, speaker is crapped out on it tho but i got it for 70 bucks with the shipping :) oh and the blade works fine

Delmustator
11-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Yeah pipster79, I was watching that one you got. I knew it had some issues so I focused on some of the mint ones that were being listed. I had a $225 bid on one of them. But both 2002 Anankin AOTCs went for over $250 each. Another sold yesterday in a set of 3 sabers for $330.

If Amazon would have had it for $80, I would have gotten it there. But you won't find these on Amazon anymore. Folks that have mint ones know how much they are worth.

What you end up thinking about is this. Should I keep the Anakin AOTC in it's mint original collectible state (more valuable to collectors). Or should I convert the saber to Luxeon with CF core, which makes the saber worth more in and of itself but weaken's it's value with true collectors.

pipster79
11-18-2007, 08:17 AM
first off i would leave it in it mint shape, with mne when i get it ill put a new speaker in it and thats it, im not converting it or putting in a cf or anything (as much as id like to)
next the set of 3 u were watching if it was the same set i was watching, i emaild the guy and it was the episode 3 one, and i thnk i was biddin on some of those ones u were as well lol, the one i managed to snag i had to snipe it, i was watching it for days waited for the last 7 seconds to put in a max bid of 70 bucks, got it for 53 us plus shipping :) i had bid on a similar one a few days b4 hand and was out bid last couple seconds by someone doing the same thing and they got it for like 70 or 80 bucks, whree possibly had i waited another 20 seconds i could have got it at the max bid i had chose, oh well i finnaly managed to get one :)

Delmustator
11-18-2007, 10:07 AM
That was a ep 3 saber in that bundle? Wow, it looked just like a AOTC on the box. I'm glad I didn't bid. I had even typed in my max bid some 1.5 minutes before the end and changed my mind. I had planned on just reselling the Vader and Luke that was in the bundle to try and make back some funds.

Whew, close one on that one.. LOL

Well at this point, I have outstanding bids on 2 other Anakin AOTC sabers. One is a Best Offer and the other is normal. If I get either of them, I plan on giving first dibs to one of the members here. If I get both, the other will be offered here as well.

pipster79
11-18-2007, 11:33 AM
sounds awesome, i had the same idea with the set of 3 sabers till i emailed the guy and he told me it was the episode 3 version, i thought i could sell the others or even convert them
i already have a anakin episode 3, a vader episode 4 a obi wan, and my luke rotj should b here tomorrow, and last but not least my graflex luke empire strikes back with cf1.2 and cyan lux 3 led :) getting a fairly good collectoin now :) the anakin aotc will b a fine addition to my collection