PDA

View Full Version : Speakers, Re-charge ports, and wiring, Oh my!!

Rogwi Nehar
11-17-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok I'm in the middle of upgrading my MHS, to a 7.4v li-ion, and a recharge port. I need some help from any one who has installed a speaker and recharge port in the pommel end of the saber. The problem that I am running into because of the size of the battery, the Ultra Board, and speaker, I can't figure out how to mount it. Tips, pics, ideas, to organize and mount everything.

Lord Maul
11-17-2007, 04:39 PM
What MHS pieces are you using. I ran into the same problem with my MHS, so I can help ya out.

Rogwi Nehar
11-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Ok here goes:

Blade holder style 4
Ribbed extension
Double threaded hilt style 4
Double ended male threaded connector, my luke pommel is attached to this, then I have a MPS1 with the recharge port mounted in it.

Pics
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x170/ErDanGill/DSCF1145.jpg

Lord Maul
11-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Do you want everything in the pommel, or just near the pommel?

If you want the recharge port on the speaker grill, I can't help ya, but if you are okay with it on the side of the saber, just near the pommel, I can give you helpful advice.

Put the Ultrasound in the ribbed foregrip, and put the battery right up against the switch. Then, thread your speaker and recharge ports through the gaps between the battery pack and the aluminum hilt, up to the Ultrasound. Granted, on my MHS, I used Tim's 7.2V NIMH pack, not Li Ions, but the general setup should be the same.

Rogwi Nehar
11-17-2007, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately, I already mounted the recharge port in my pommel. Now I cant figure out how to mount the speaker so that it has a resonance chamber and still get the wires for the recharge port by it. OOPS, poor planning on my part. :oops:

Lord Maul
11-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Very poor planning indeed. :?

You could put the speaker in right by the battery pack (ala tim's 1.25 battery and speaker combo) and then drill holes in the side of the hilt near the pommel. Those wires will be a pain....

vortextwist
11-17-2007, 07:01 PM
there should be plenty of room to run the recharge port wires between the speaker chamber and hilt. what are you using as the resonance chamber?

Rogwi Nehar
11-18-2007, 09:00 AM
16oz Diet Pepsi lid. Tims premium speakers fit inside them like a glove, and they fit inside the MHS fairly tight.

vortextwist
11-18-2007, 09:03 AM
maybe make a groove on each site of the lid for the wires to pass for the recharge port.

Lord Maul
11-18-2007, 11:08 AM
Rogwi, I was thinking about this more, and my MPS speaker mount idea seems to be the best. It will be much more precise than the bottlecap, and be easier to grind a slot in. I'd talk to Tim about getting one made :wink: