PDA

View Full Version : Parts list for First project

Spike
11-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Alright, after lurking the Forums for bit I finally have a tentative parts list for my first saber project.

1. LED "TCSS style" Battle Blade
2. LED Basic electronics kit Lux III Royal Blue
3. LED blade holder style 4
4. Double threaded hilt style 2
5. Pommel 3
6. MPS Insert style 1
7. MPS clip
8. 3/4" D-Ring
9. 8, 1-3/16" ID O Rings

My question is about sound. Is it possible to use the sound and electronics package from this saber.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Episode-Electronic-Lightsaber-Windu/dp/B0007VZVVA

(motion sensor, impact sensor, and whatnot) for this project? Eventually I'll be replacing that sound setup as the project evolves past the first stage. If it's possible....anyone wanna guide a n00b through it ?_?

Lord Maul
11-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Yes, you can use the guts from that saber. It is a piece of snitz though, so be ready for disappointment.

Spike
11-16-2007, 08:24 PM
yeah i pretty much figured that out about 2 minutes ago after opening it up xD. Like I said though, I'm not looking for a perfect generation 1 saber. this project will go until i have a look/sound that I like. I assume there's a certain way to wire it to the LED for it to work (and possibly some other hardware i'll have to buy as well). Point being that I'd like a more experienced sabersmith to apprentice myself with, so to speak.

pipster79
11-16-2007, 09:54 PM
ah yes the crappy hasbin (hasbro) saber, waste of money far as im concerned but anyhow there is a wiring diagram in the tutorials i beleive, only probem with them is that there momentary switches on them, never used one in a good saber, only tried them they way they are. if u can find one best thing your gonna want is a crystal focus, best sound and good luxeon driver as well with infinite posibilities. u will need a driver like corbins, or go with a crappy buck puck if u wanna use the hasbin sound card

Hasid Lafre
11-17-2007, 05:08 AM
several here will agree that hasbro moduels suck but they work in a pinch.