PDA

View Full Version : help, question about cf v1.2

pipster79
11-16-2007, 04:15 PM
hi, been havin problems with my v1.2 crystal focus almost since i got it, with any more then 5 volts to the board, it keeps igniting and retracting constantly till the voltage is down to 5 volts, ive checked all the connections and re did all connections many times but it still does it, tried several differernt config files as well with no luck. the battery pack i have going to it is 4aaa batteries, around 6v and id like to stick with that for now, so if any one has an idea what is causing it id appreciate your input thanks

vortextwist
11-16-2007, 05:14 PM
should have just emailed erv.

Novastar
11-16-2007, 11:18 PM
What on/off button style are you using? This used to happen to me on cf v1.2 until I used the correct switch with the correct switch setting.

Refer to the v1.2 manual for the switch settings, which are for both polarities of a latching switch, and a momentary I believe.

It is more than likely you are using a momentary with a latching setup or vice-versa.

pipster79
11-17-2007, 04:14 AM
im using a latching, push on push off on my graflex saber, and i have the config set for latching, it works fine when the voltage is under 5v but anything over and it constantly goes on and off till it has 5v or less, then it works fine

Novastar
11-17-2007, 11:35 AM
Did you try another switch?

If that doesn't solve it... are you sure the LEDcurrent is set to the right value for your LED? Speaking of which, what kind of LED are you using? A Luxeon V?

pipster79
11-17-2007, 11:42 AM
lux 3 led, and ive tried different switches. tried the mr switch when i had it in my anakin saber and the red button push on off switch in my graflex now
tried different configs for current as well, starting with the lowest setting

its really wierd how it just wants 5 volts and works fine as long as its under, but anyting over and it just dont wanna go

think my next upgrade to my gralfex saber might b a lux v, or a k2 i want it brighter then it is

pipster79
11-17-2007, 04:53 PM
thanks for the ideas novastar, but ive fixed it, under close examination on the board with a magnifying glass i found that a tiny tiny slag of solder was just barely bridging from the switch solder pad to a ground strip beside it, cleaned off the solder and has been good since :)

vortextwist
11-17-2007, 05:03 PM
glad everything turned out well.

pipster79
11-17-2007, 05:05 PM
thanks, it was really annoying not being able to have all fresh batteries in it, but now i can :) may even go to a 7.2v recharable soon

Barmic Rin
11-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Glad you sorted it dude.
I'm gonna be putting my Cf1.2 into my graflex once I get a V3 off of Erv & was wondering whether the graflex switches would be an issue or not.

pipster79
11-18-2007, 02:20 AM
my graflex came luxeon converted, has a push on off switch for the red button which is the only switch on it, its a really low profile that i think came from the graflex shop, as well as the blade holder and luxeon heatsink/holder, but the switch i have works great, i think if it were the origonal graflex switch that it wouldnt work b/c there r pins underneath it that go into the origonal guts of the graflex, ill try to get some pics mayb for ya later on in the day, mayb ur evenening since its 4:19am here lol not sure what time it is where ever you are, do u have the graflex now? or do you have one on the way??

pipster79
11-18-2007, 02:25 AM
also to fit the crystal focus, a 4aaa battery holder and a speaker with resonance chamber, i had to cut about an inch and a half to 2 inches out of the blade holder to make room, the origonal blade socket from the graflex shop that was used in my saber was 4 inches or so deep, very long lol didnt leave much room for anything, ill b going to there new blade socket and luxeon holder soon it will make even more room and ill b able to fit a better resonance chamber in :)

oh quick question, do u mean your putting your 1.2 in for now till you get your v3? or are you using the v3 for something else

pipster79
11-18-2007, 02:29 AM
also a word of wise to anyone puting sound in a graflex, the end cap does not unscrew, be careful drilling your holes in it, mine looks like swiss cheese because my drill bit kept slipping and traveling on me even with using a center punch first, all the holes in mine look random now opposed to the nice pattern i had laid out for it :cry:

Barmic Rin
11-18-2007, 02:35 AM
I picked up my graflex afew months back. Was a parks EL one.
I'm gonna be ordering a graflex shop shortened bladeholder & one of their switches to allow plenty of space, & will use the V1.2 in that as I want the V3 for my personal saber.

Tried to use the low profile switch from parks with Tims blade holder, but without drilling out abit more in the holder, the switch won't go. :cry:

Still, Tim's blade holder has found a new home in my Heiland 'Antique' saber, so it's all good!

oh, it's 9.35 am here. God, I hate working on a sunday!

pipster79
11-18-2007, 02:41 AM
yeah workin on sunday would suck lol, i never have to work weekedns i love it, a note about the switch, u need a latching for cf v1,2 so make sure u get the latching one, i just chcked the graflex shop site and they have a really nice red button replica that has a switch built into it, would work very well and think i might get it when i get the 1inch blade holder from them as well, the one i have now is a 3/4 inch :(

pipster79
11-18-2007, 02:45 AM
wow i can imagine u paid thru the nose to get that parks one only to convert it to luxeon, i only paid 170 with the shipping for my graflex already converted and with the luke empire strikes back kit

Barmic Rin
11-18-2007, 03:14 AM
Nope. Nice & cheap from a guy on Ebay. turns out the guy lives about 30 miles from my folks. And since my aunt was visiting them that week, my Dad picked it up for me, then my aunt brougt it back to London, so no shipping costs.

It's already converted to ESB (movie accurate, not static display prop version) except it had a Covertec clip, so I just have to fill the hole & buff it & straighten the emitter 'prongs'. Apart from that it's perfect! All for £65!

Plus, I can use the EL innards for part of my Grievous guard electropole I want to eventually do!

pipster79
11-18-2007, 03:28 AM
ah not to bad at all then, sounds really cool, do you have any pics of it?

Barmic Rin
11-18-2007, 03:35 AM
Not yet.

What with work, life, the universe & everything, my sabers have barely been touched in a fortnight. Will post some later if I get a chance.