PDA

View Full Version : DL-44 maybe?

Darth Zecks
11-14-2007, 08:49 PM
I didn't know where to post this so here it is. I found this airsoft gun that I thought could be used to make a Han Solo DL-44. Its probably plastic but could be moded easily. Just thought I would put it out there for anyone wanting to build one.

Madcow
11-14-2007, 09:49 PM
Hmmm,
That's very interesting indeed.
Good find!

MC

Lord Maul
11-14-2007, 09:52 PM
Unit Price: $6.95

Yeah, I think I will pass on that. I bet that the barrel isn't even metal :roll:

TimeRender
11-14-2007, 10:06 PM
It isn't. The $7 gun is all plastic. Airsoft also sells a full metal version for about $80, but since converting it into a DL-44 will more than likely render it unable to fire anyway, a better full metal solution is the Mauser replica by Denix, which sells for around $50. At any rate these have been around for quite a long time, so it isn't exactly news.

Darth Zecks
11-14-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm sure the whole thing is plastic but I thought it was cool for the grip and the main body. You could replace the barrel with a metal one with a machined tip. Add on a scope and a few other pieces, maybe some paint and SHAZAM, you have a DL-44.

LAN-ED-TUL
11-14-2007, 11:09 PM
seen a gas mauser you could do the blaster convert to and still retain its shootability of bb's.

TimeRender
11-14-2007, 11:24 PM
Yeah it just depends on how the flash suppressor is made and how it is installed on the barrel. Personally though I would rather gut it and fill it with electronics. BTW, the Denix Mauser is hollow too. Erv installed electronics in his and you can see it on his website.

LAN-ED-TUL
11-14-2007, 11:50 PM
yeah, i know, i too also have a denix sittin here. and plan on making a greedo killer version. i have the old original greasegun flash hider to use on it. just gotta get the rest of it. but theyre expensive. the rest of the kit runs round 200 or so, but thats with a flash hider, with the wrong style for what i want.

TimeRender
11-15-2007, 12:19 AM
The greedo killer is the best looking I think. I've seen the flash suppressor and the grill for that version on Ebay before, and the scope and mounting bracket are for sale over at Blas Tech. I was actually planning on building a customized DL-44 with a long barrel and a detachable stock. Then life happened and bills needed to be paid. I am still looking for someone who can make me a set of metal grips that will fit on the Denix, however... Just something a little different from the wooden handle.

LAN-ED-TUL
11-15-2007, 02:17 AM
i run across a guy on RPF that is selling a gredoo killer kit, i asked and awaiting reply on what it would run without the flash since i got the real deal in hand.

Darth Lars
11-15-2007, 07:08 AM
BTW, the Denix Mauser is hollow too. Erv installed electronics in his and you can see it on his website.
I have only seen Erv use a metal airsoft. He removed the airsoft guts to make room for the electronics.

Mind that this airsoft is the wrong type of Mauser for the DL-44, but it can be modified to look more like the correct model.Look here (http://www.imperial-fleet.com/bbcforum/viewtopic.php?t=1350&start=0). Lots of people use it anyway without mods, though.

TimeRender
11-15-2007, 10:45 AM
Ah, I stand corrected.