PDA

View Full Version : BUILDING FIRST SABER

1BADJOE
11-13-2007, 10:11 PM
I'm you guys are sick of these questions...but I don't want to waste money on the wrong parts so here it goes...

List of parts I want to purchase:
1. Screw on LED blade holder style 4
2. Double Threaded hilt style 2
3. MPS Pommel style 4
4. LED basic Electronics Kit Lux III Amber 3 w
5. LED "TCSS" style Battle Blade 1"
6. Pommel style 4
7. Insert style 1
8. MPS cilp
9. PLI

I have a darth Maul FX soundboard and would like to use that as well.
Am I missing anything? Are there schematics for wiring the Maul FX sound board including the clash sensor?

Novastar
11-14-2007, 02:01 AM
There are indeed schematics. Poke around and go slowly until you realize the organization of the threads... which is pretty darn good.

It's possible the MR battery pack will NOT fit in an MHS. I can't confirm on the Maul pack, since it's 3AAA, but... in general I don't think they fit.

You may need to use some sink tube parts to get the battery pack + speaker to be useful to you during the conversion. Otherwise... you will need to design your own way with a differing battery pack/setup and an alternate speaker.

Hasid Lafre
11-14-2007, 03:32 AM
The maul casing and battery pack will fit in the mhs. you just got to setup the inards so that it will sit in there like it does in the mhs.

The speaker portion of the maul pack needs to be trimed a bit. My brother did it on his mhs at first. Vortextwist is his name on here. He will give you some pointers.

ArkaiHalon
11-14-2007, 06:23 AM
if the maul pack doesn't work, the basic kit you list has a battery pack.

1 question. Why do you need 2 pommels?

1BADJOE
11-14-2007, 07:32 PM
I didn't mean to put two pommels---oops! As for using the darth maul FX parts, I was just hoping to use the sound board and not the battery pack. I'm new to all of this and want to make a saber with sound, but I don't want to get in over my head.

Strydur
11-14-2007, 09:29 PM
I used Maul innards to make a custom MHS saber. It used the same switch setup and it all worked pretty good. I cant remember how I did the battery pack but I am pretty sure I reused the stock setup.

1BADJOE
11-14-2007, 10:35 PM
I've been going through the forum and I think I'm gonna order the parts and just kinda go from there. This site has so much info I'm sure if I get stuck it will work out one way or another. Thanks for the advise!