PDA

View Full Version : LIghting questions

sekrogue1985
11-07-2007, 06:19 PM
hi i am looking at making my lightsaber a quick change unit and i was wondering what i should do. I'm thinking that i should go with the K2 because they are brighter but yet i have the Luxeon III assortment of lights and well i don't really feeling spending the money on K2. should i up grade or not. :!:

vortextwist
11-07-2007, 06:55 PM
mehhh. I imo i woudn't bother. If you already have an assortment of lux III's why spend more money on leds.

Novastar
11-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Agreed with Vortex. Also... an LED is not always going to be brighter than the next... it depends on how it is run.

Some K2s (for example, the "light side" ones) are brightest at around 1500ma. BUT... the Lux III "light side" guys... they are brightest around 1000ma.

For all those new guys reading this... PAY ATTENTION to the LED specs. In general, here are the Lux III & K2 and V ones. I'll just do the max cont. current--not bother with the voltage right now:

Lux III "lightside" -- 1000ma
Lux K2 "lightside"-- 1500ma
Lux V "lightside" -- 700ma

Lux III "darkside" -- 1500ma
Lux K2 "darkside" -- 700ma
Lux V "darkside" ...doesn't exist... (really just the Lux IIIs)

As you can see... if you just look at "k2" or "Lux III" and ignore the numbers--you'll screw it up.

Voltage: Mostly just under 4v for the "light sides". 3v for the "dark sides". However Lux Vs require around 7v.