PDA

View Full Version : adding small leds to a cicuit?

Deadeye
11-07-2007, 02:08 PM
alrighty,

i'm currently trying to rig up two small leds and i don't know where they go in the circuit? i've hooked up 4 aaa's through the resistor to a lux 3 red. i'm not all that good at electrickery as i'm colour blind. I'd thought that they would run in their own loop from the switch to the lux 3 led?

any help would be appreciated, my kindest regards

deadeye

DACOTA
11-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Hey d_eye. What you have to do is hook up the wires after the switch and run a black and a red to the one led to where it works, then from there do two short wires from that led over to the other one in the same way and it should work. Let me get up a diagram for ya. :wink:

[EDIT] This should be right.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/DACOTA007/Wiring.png

Angelus Lupus
11-07-2007, 04:41 PM
And don't forget to resistor those LED's properly.

xwingband
11-07-2007, 05:48 PM
Don't follow that diagram... it's some weird wiring...

You'll want to run them in parallel with the appropriate resistors. The gist is okay though... change it to have seperate resistored wires to each LED and it will be fine.

DACOTA
11-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Sorry. :oops:

Deadeye
11-08-2007, 11:49 AM
alrighty,

thanks for the input... but what resistor for the small leds. it was a set of four to run from 12v source,(as in a car). i figured that they would run from a 6v source with no problems as i'm only going to use two?

my kindest regards

deadeye

Jedi-Loreen
11-10-2007, 12:46 PM
alrighty,

thanks for the input... but what resistor for the small leds. it was a set of four to run from 12v source,(as in a car). i figured that they would run from a 6v source with no problems as i'm only going to use two?

Go to the Main page of the Store Front and look at the bottom of the LED resistor chart. The link's along the left side under "Help and Info". :wink:

Deadeye
11-11-2007, 01:52 AM
thanks a bunch