PDA

View Full Version : New builder from Oklahoma

Roshen
11-07-2007, 09:54 AM
Hello my name is Brian and I'm very excited about this website. I've been reading alot of information on how to build a HMS saber. I cant wait to get started. I must say some of it is still confusing but pfft! I'll live hehe. I've been looking at the parts and whatnot and I need to know what exactly what I need to make a saber, I know you need a blade holder, middle section and pommel, but what I dont know is, electronics for the LED's, I looked at the LED kits for sell. And that all seems pretty self explanitory, but do I need an end cap (flat plate at the end of the pommel) what kind of on/off switch and weather or not to get a holl drilled for a thumbscrew for the blade and what length of blade... oooo so many unknowns ok so I'm going back to the tutorials :D ttyl and Good meeting you guys.

PS: Mad props to vadeblade, erv, Madcow, neophyl, neophyl, and any others that I couldnt remember! you guys are great!

Vazan Maceu
11-07-2007, 12:23 PM
Welcome :D ... ThereŽs plenty of info here for you to clear out your doubts, search and youŽll find :wink:

Roshen
11-07-2007, 12:38 PM
I love the search button, we are on a first name basis.

Ashron
11-07-2007, 01:47 PM
Welcome! There is a ton of information to be found here. I highly recommend the How to threads. The MHS system is great to use for the first time sabersmith.

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
11-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Welcome! You'll find that saber building is quite enjoyable. There's nothing like hitting the button for the first time and seeing your creation come to life.

The LED kit includes everything you need to start. You should know that if you only use a single hilt section, you can't use a Lux V kit because there's not enough room for the bigger battery holder. If you plan to use any of the extension pieces, it will fit.

All of the pommels except for #5 have a 1" hole in the end that you will need to plug. In my opinion, the speaker grill looks pretty cool even if you don't add sound. Then, if you choose to add sound later, it's one less thing to get.

The other option is to get the washer that is listed on the pommel page and use it to put your switch in the pommel. Kind of a neat option to keep you from accidentally turning you saber off while dueling.

The blade holders come without a screw hole to allow for people to put the thumbscrew wherever they like. It's not hard to do, but if you're not comfortable with doing it, Tim can do it for a small fee. Just e-mail him for details.

Blade length is a subjective thing. I'd suggest that you start out with the longest one at 40" and cut it down to suit yourself. It cuts easily with a pipe cutter, but a hacksaw will work too.

Hope that's helpful.

Roshen
11-07-2007, 07:27 PM
Thank you for the information, that clears up alot of things i had been wondering about. :D

GFORCE13
11-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Welcome and Excellent Work My Friend!!!