PDA

View Full Version : Black ribbed inner tube for Qui Gon or Kyle Katarn

iainm
11-07-2007, 04:01 AM
Where can I buy the black ribbed tubing for a Qui Gon or Obi Wan Ep 1 or Kyle Katarn saber?

I would like to build Kyle Katarn's saber. I could use TCSS parts: Blade holder 5, ribbed extension, gender changer, ribbed hilt 2 and pommel 3. It would not be 100% accurate, but it would do.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r117/Ata-pala/AtaJedi/kyle2.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r117/Ata-pala/AtaJedi/kyle1.jpg

Sorry for the small size of the pictures. But you can see what I mean.

But what I really want is the black ribbed tubing seen inside Qui Gon's or Obi Wan's Ep 1 Saber then an appropriately sized tube slid over that and cut away to expose the ribbing. I suppose I could find a machinist here to make the center section. I would then use short screws to attach all the pieces - no gurantee of matching threads.

BTW. The price for the O-rings. Is it the price per ring or the price for a pack containing enough rings to cover one ribbed extension? Will the O-rings fit the grooves on the threaded hilts?

Barmic Rin
11-07-2007, 01:20 PM
I'd get Tim to cut the grooves into a blank MHS centre tube the size you want them, then just put a plumb pipe over it.

The pipe adds very little to the OD & slides on nice & snug.
I'm doing a similar 'inner grip' for a friend using MHS. i'll post pics as soon as I get a chance to get it powder coated.

MHS parts list i'd use:

LED Blade holder 5

Pommel 3

4" Double female threaded connector x 2 (custom grooved)

Gender changer (between pommel & doub. Fem)

Double ended male threaded connector (between the doub. Fem's)

1-1/2" x 12" Chrome sink tube

That should do it.

May have to try this one myself someday......

edit: ring issues
Oh, and the rings are individual, and will fit if the custom rings you want done allow them to. (standard grooves allow them)

Sam Skirata
06-08-2008, 10:01 AM
What you're looking for is a Sump Pump drain kit. Look in the plumbing section of
either Home Depot or Lowes. I found my first one off of a dryer I found in a junk yard. They shouldn't be more than 2 or 3 dollars. Oh, and one more thing. They move around a lot, so stick a piece of pvc pipe inside to solidify it.

CorellianBada**
06-09-2008, 09:04 PM
i found this at the home depot. got 24 feet for 8 bucks. it'll slide on a 1 1/4 tube pretty easily, but having trouble fitting it under a 1 1/2 tube right now. looks great tho!